“"STAY AWAY FROM ROOM #234”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Sandalwood Beach Resort
Madeira Beach, Florida
“"STAY AWAY FROM ROOM #234”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

My wife and I went to sandalwood in No Redington Beach for our vacation. We were there for 6 nights. Pulling in at the hotel it looks real nice but that changes when you get into the pool area. The pool is kept very clean so the kids that use it all day won't get sick. Not adult friendly. The place looks old and worn. Carpet around stairs and walkways are torn and need to be replaced. The rec room, that faces the ocean, should be called the "wrecked room". We sat in there once, it was warm so I tried to open the window. I needed a box to hold it open. The door would not stay open, it took a chair. Only a few rooms have an ocean view, all others are over the pool. Our room #234 was clean but soooo old it was a joke. Blinds in living room would not open, place needed paint, bathtub was full of big chips, broken tile, ect. ect.This is a condo-hotel, which means the units all have private owners. Some owners take better care then others, so if you want to stay here make sure you ask about the shape of the room. The staff were all great and I think they are trying to do the best they can with what they are given to do their jobs on a daily basis. They were all friendly and tried to help guest. This is a cheap hotel for being on the beach so if being right on the sand is your only goal you can get by the things that are wrong. We had a great time in the area and the location is good.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mikefromvegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Blackpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2010

Do not be put off coming here by the untruthful reviews I have read, in some of the reviews.
We stayed in a gulf front 1 bed room with kitchenette in feb 2009, and again in Feb 2010 and have booked for Feb 2011, and believe me, we would not fly all the way from England for our 10 night stay, if it was bad as some of the reviews have said. Yes, its an older style hotel, but if you want a modern built hotel, try staying next door for 4 times the price.
All the staff, are just fabulous, they helped us out in so many ways, we really couldn't thank them enough, and our room on the second floor was just great, fantastic views over the beach and Gulf, what more could you possibly want?
So, if you want a great little, friendly home from home set right on the beach, well, this is it. Come and give it a try, but please...leave a room spare for us!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BlackpoolMouse
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

This is not the Ritz, neither is the price, Best vacation in years, rooms are clean, nothing fancy, but why are people going to the Gulf to spend time in their rooms? The beach, the sunsets,sun rise are what it's all about. Staff was more than willing to take care of any needs. The Pool is beautiful! parking in front is limited, spaces provided across the street. We travel with a large group, and are able to use a large meeting room for family meals, watch College playoffs on the TV and enjoy the time together. If you are looking for glam, don't come here, save the room for one of the 12 + we rent for the week, if you want a relaxing vacation, book it!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank hockeymum47
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

We stopped here to try somewhere new, no reservations. We were given a room on the 3rd floor, corner. We found out later only 5 at the most other rooms were occupied and two of those rooms left the next day. How the heck to they decide who gets what rooms?! Why were we not offered a Gulf front room; plenty available!! The pool was un-useable because it is solar heated. The court yard blocks the sun. The room was a good size and clean.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Borsch
Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2009

We stayed recently. What an experience. Kitchens would not comply with health and safety anywhere in europe, there was a hole in the surface. The coating on the toilet seat was worn through and look disgusting. Ceilings over cooking areas were filthy, as were the bathroom ceilings. There was a space of just 10 inches between one side of the bed and the wall. Our 1 bed was on the beachfront, however the safety catch on the inside of the door was missing, and from the many screw marks, it was evident that many such safety catches had been fitted in the past. This was worrying, as the actual door lock was well worn and easy to 'Bump' from the outside. Ive seen better motels on route 66. The pictures on the web are not a true likeness of what greets you. It feels gruby, and made my skin crawl. We had booked in for 1 week, but checked out early after one night. What I didnt know was that they had deducted the full weeks cost when we checked in. They refused a refund pointing to a notice on the wall. I treathened them legally and also said I would call the cops. I got very insistant, been a retired cop myself. Eventually they relented, and re-credited my MCard, but not before trying once more by saying "why didnt you complain last night". The reason I didnt complain after moving in was because my wife was ill with flu and went asleep after moving in. Any good reviews of this place must be suspect. I have the photos to prove what I saw. I wouldnt stay here if they paid me to.........The staff are well used to this, judging by their attitude.......Its the worse place i have ever been.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Routesixtysixer
Downstate Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

We were in a bind for a room on short notice and located the Sandalwood through a realtor. I called and booked the room for 3 nights before reading the reviews on the internet. Needless to say, I was very worried and even tried to make alternate arrangements before we arrived. I'm actually quite glad I was unable to change plans. We stayed in a one bedroom gulf view room on the second floor and it was actually very nice. It was not the Ritz, but it was clean and had a beautiful balcony 50 yards from the gulf. The building is older and in need of some renovation, but the pool area was well landscaped and well maintained. The room had two double beds, a larger living room and small kitchenette. The front of the room was all glass and allowed for beautiful views of the gulf. The housekeeper was pleasant and brought us clean towels daily and emptied the trash. There is a nice little restaurant open Wednesday - Sunday inside the hotel that serves burgers if you don't want to leave the beach. The Sandalwood was short drive from John's Pass Village which offers shops and loads of activities. I would suggest bringing beach chairs as the rentals are not inexpensive and not mobile. In short, for $140 tax included, you get a gulf front suite with a 20' balcony, in an older resort, that is clean and right on the beach.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank 635BCCR
ky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2009

Just returned from a trip for our sons wedding. We found the resort very clean and desk managers very friendly. I slept better than I have in long time. The pool was very clean and so relaxing. Great price although not fancy I did not stress out over the price. We had a ocean view room on second floor. My parents stayed in hotel nearby for more money without ocean view and my dad liked our room better.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Holiday Isles Resort
Holiday Isles Resort
#12 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,390 reviews
Malibu Beach Resort
Malibu Beach Resort
#5 of 5 in North Redington Beach

Been to Sandalwood Beach Resort? Share your experiences!