All reviews pool and hot tub location location location red tide across street great beach gulf of mexico every morning ice machine front desk clerk shells conch maid petersburg balconies clearwater
Reviewed May 18, 2006

Some of the staff (house keeping) was friendly and helpful. There was hardly ever a person at the front desk and when there was, they were usually rude and unwelcoming. Nearly every time I was at the pool or hot tub I was interrogated like a prisoner. "What room are you in? What's the last name? How many are with you?" This happened to me on four separate occasions by three different people. My daughter was yelled at and told the police would be called if she came back again. After looking baffled and showing her room key the woman at the front door snapped "I must have you mistaken for someone else."

Other than the unfriendly atmosphere, there was a large roach in our room...(excuse me, a "Palmetto Bug" that was the biggest freaking cockroach I have ever seen!) I have been told that all of the condos on Redington Beach have this problem though.

The room was okay. The beds/carpet/showers were worn and need replaced. We had a large assortment of fluffy towels. It was nice to have dishes and a refrigerator in the room. The TV also had a great selection.

Other guests were very socialable and fun. The Wednesday BBQ was quite charming.

Parking would be difficult for someone who has trouble walking or running. It is across a busy 4 lane road and in a gravel parking lot up an incline.

Overall the price was reasonable but the service was awful. I would highly recommend checking out other hotels or condos in this area before staying here.

Date of stay: May 2006
7  Thank Paradise11865
Reviewed May 15, 2006

We stayed at Grand Shores West from May 6th thru May 13th and we had a wonderful stay. The hotel was much nicer than the website looks. The staff was excellant and our balcomy overlooked the pool and the beach. We had plenty of towels and linens and housekeeping came in midway thru the week and gave us towels for the rest of our stay. the beach is beautiful and was not crowded at all. For the money it was an excellent choice for a vacation. I highly recommend this resort for families, couples or singles. I hope to stay there many years to come C. Grilli, Canal Winchester, Oh

Date of stay: May 2006
8  Thank Guide8978
Reviewed January 4, 2006

My family and I stayed at Grand Shores after renting
from a family owner at Grand Shores West. We were very
pleased with the unit we had, the unit contained everything we needed and had a coin laundry. The beach is beautiful .pool very nice .super hottub and they even had barbques for us to use. The kids made good use of the free cabanas and kayaks..The bus system was easy for our teen to use for shopping etc.
Great vacation we would highly recommend for a vacation. Forgot great golfing nearby.

Date of stay: March 2004
13  Thank LightPacker13095
Reviewed October 23, 2005

My husband, 9 year old son and myself had an efficiency last April. For what we paid - I felt it was more than worth it...
We didn't spend alot of time in the room so it didn't bother us at all to have push the murphy bed up and the fold away couch back in....
I did laundry every other day - and felt really, like I was home...the difference was, I was not home....I could never enjoy my morning coffee overlooking the ocean.
My son made friends and spent alot of time in the pool or at the beach, he didn't want to do anything else, except fish, which he and my husband every morning from the nearby pier. I also loved the Wed cookout amongst the
fellow vacationers.

Minutes from John's Pass and Treasure Island, restaraunts and grocery stores. It was the perfect vacation for us and look forward to being there again this Easter.
If you're looking for an economical getaway and enjoy relaxing this is the place to be!
Parking is tight, and only luck can put you in a good spot, but, you get a pass
to park across the street. There's no problem loading and unloading your car right in front if you need to and carts are available to you day and night so you don't have worry about how much you need to carry.
The rooms was immaculate when we got there and the staff was more than accomdating all you had to was ask.
I can't say enough about it!

Date of stay: April 2004
12  Thank gswrox
Reviewed October 8, 2005

We have just been here and found it very very unfriendly,it didnt show a car park in between the room and the pool on the photograph, we thought they were very unhelpful,hardly ever ackknowledged us,they had too much time for the time sharers than people who rent in our opinion and i would'nt recommend this place to anybody

Date of stay: September 2005