“Know before you go.”
Review of Grand Shores West

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Grand Shores West
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Recently I stayed at grand shores west for four nights. I was familiar with this timeshare. I booked for the location and amenities. I was we'll aware the the decor was a bit stuck in the 80's. the hall carpets were a bit wore also. But my bed was comfortable and the shower worked. This property was perhaps the busiest place on the beach. Great pool, kayaks, great grills, cabanas on the beach. Had a couple of problems which were taken care of very quickly. However it could be a bit disappointing if you were not familiar with its character before you arrived as one couple from Michigan was. They had traded into this property thru RCI.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank LadyLisa2013

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed here using our timeshare. The location on the beach is beautiful. That is the only plus I can rate this resort. The air conditioner leaked in the room and was extremely noisely and probably 18 inches from my head. The bathroom was not clear. Rusty shower rod, tub valve did not shut off. Tiles cracked. Shower tiles mismatched they look like a two year old did them. Very old and not well cared for. Parking is lacking you have to park across a four line highway at a vacant restaurant. Staff was rude when we checked in handed us a key and we were on our way. We tried to get a different timeshare but there was nothing available. I would not stay here again. It is the worst place we have stayed. The hall rugs are old and very dirty. The hand rails walking down the stairs dirty and sticky. Location on the beach is wonderful but that is all this has going for it. Avoid if at all possible.

Room Tip: There is no good room here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
10  Thank Patgo28
Reviewed April 24, 2014

If you are a person of color, do NOT stay here! Guest complained that I, a black woman, was in the hot tub and looked suspicious. Hotel security came to the hot tub and demanded that I show a room key. Out of all the other guest, the hotel staff only came to me . HORRIBLE and HUMILIATING! Do not stay here!

• Stayed: April 2014
13  Thank CW34tampa
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had our family vacation here and would not stay again. The beach is beautiful, the pool was great but that is about it. The rooms are very outdated and small, supposedly there were new couches in the room and ours was already stained. We found out from other guests that the room had bed bugs the previous week. Thus there were no sheets, mattress cover or blankets for the pull out couch. When asked at the front desk for linen all they gave us was 2 sheets and was told that was all they had. Our kids had to sleep with beach towels. The staff at the front desk is very unhelpful and the owners wife is grumpy and does not appear to like kids. According to regulars she is friendly only to certain people. The night staff guy was sleeping on the job one night and had a difficult time to wake him up to get more toilet paper for the room. The rooms were poorly cleaned when we checked in with sand piled up in the corners and in the dresser drawers. They only give you 4 bath towels, washcloths and hand towels for the entire week, when I asked if we could exchange them out was told that is not their policy. They do not provide dish soap and there was no stopper for the sink to fill with water to do dishes. The maids were friendly and very nice. Look for someplace else if you plan to come here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank abc d
Reviewed March 1, 2014

First, if you're accustomed to staying at places like Sheraton, Hyatt, or Wyndham , this is not for you. Most of the other reviews are pretty close to what you will find, but I did talk to people who liked the place. They are the ones who have been going there for 30 plus years and have a lot of old friends there. It reminded me of an old hotel with people sitting around the lobby reading papers, playing games etc. What you need to know before you take the chance on this place is that parking is at a premium. You rarely find a convenient spot. You also have to take your own pool towels. They do not supply them and they warn you not to take the room towels out of the room. On a brighter note, the pool is ok and the beach is nice and sunsets are priceless. I can't even describe how small the rooms are. I guess you can use your imagination of what a small place would be and then cut that in half. We decided it was an adventure we would have for a week and we'll not return. I guess the final thing I'll let you know is that you can hear conversations and snoring through the walls. That was disconcerting but never- the- less part of the adventure !

Room Tip: Don't be taken by surprise by the written description.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
12  Thank Gerry T
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stuck in the 50's. Broken furniture, stained mirrors, ripped carpeting, broken appliances...
Front desk staff were so uncooperative. Didn't want to even stand at the desk. Were too bothered to do that.... The rugs were so dirty!!!!! No parking, we parked across the street in a vacant property. Everything was so poor. The only place that was clean was the pool.
Free coffee at 6 a.m.!!!!! Then it disappeared!!!! The elevator paneling was falling down.
Oh my, how could you do this to unsuspecting, trusting people.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank sim7171
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had our honeymoon at Grand Shores West. Wonderful resort! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The Pool and hot tub were very clean. Our room was very clean. The maid does a wonderful job. We are hoping to make this an annual vacation spot. We are on a tight budget and this location was perfect. The FREE sailboat ride was fun! We were able to play in the gulf, go shelling, and watch the other vacationers play sand volleyball. A great place for family fun or to have couple time. We highly recommend this resort and is close to the grocery store and we loved using the bbq which is provided by the resort.

Room Tip: we stayed in a Efficiency. The bed was a murphy bed and was ok. I bet the other rooms may have a l...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Barefoot Beach Hotel
#3 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Courtyard St. Petersburg Clearwater/Madeira Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Grand Shores West? Share your experiences!