All reviews pool and hot tub location location location across street great beach gulf of mexico ice machine front desk clerk bed was comfortable units conch maid petersburg balconies clearwater
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We like it here, its very simple and no fuss. What i dont like is the parking situation. Yes its dated, but its right on the ocean and the fees are still cheap although they went up this year about 50$ a unit its still a bargin for a week at a beautiful and peaceful beach. Then again i would be happy in a tent if there were a comfortable bed in it. I can get picky, but not when the beach is right at your feet. What more can you want?

Room Tip: Pool area is wonderful !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family has owned a time share here for over 15 yrs every year the rooms deteriorate more and more. I really think we should take our yrly maintenance fee and while here go to Lowes and buy new shower heads and plug covers and light bulbs and replacement remote for the 20yr old tv, then just give the office the remains plus receipts, the stove tops which pretty sure this stove is also 15 yrs old... kept going out and on while cooking and ruined our shrimp pasta i was trying to cook. :( before buying a time share anywhere make sure u have them give you a written schedule of upgrades/maintenance

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank TiffanyF254
Reviewed October 15, 2012

After reading reviews I was concerned about my reservation, we stayed in rm 118 which had recently been painted, for two of us the room was every thing we needed, was nice and clean. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful not only to myself but watching when other guest needed help with boats or chairs on beach that you can use for free. We are already planning on going back next May. The only thing I found inconvenient was the parking but plenty of space across the road.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sandollar00
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Place is very dated, everything is dingy & smells! Front desk staff leaves a lot to be desired! I asked to see room before checking in! Best thing I did, as when we went into room lots of small bugs (cockroaches) crawling on the counter and in sink. We backed right out of the room. This place needs a bomb and then gut it and update everything! Great Location BUT............. thats it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rocbchday
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I bought my timeshare here on EBay, without having been there, then read the other reviews before going, I was wondering what to expect... well, let's see,
Yes, the decor is dated, but, the bed was firm and comfortable, the furnishings are sturdy and not broken, the one bedroom unit we have has a beautiful view! The kitchen appliances may be older, but worked, and everything was clean. I took my crockpot from home, and used it too so dinner could cook while I was out on the beach and in the pool.
Tuesday night, I mentioned to Gayle (I hope I spelled it as she likes since IDK, but she is FANTASTIC!) at the front desk that one electrical outlet did not work, and another sparked when I plugged in my computer, and maintenance was knocking on my door Wenesday morning and had both outlets replaced that day.
We really enjoyed the use of the cabanas, and the catamaran, the grills, and the pool and hot tub. Unfortunately the WiFi did not pick up well in our unit, but, worked fine on the balconey, and in the lobby. I was disappointed that the Pot Luck BBQ was cancelled, I had signed up to go and was looking forwards to getting to know more people there too.
I talked to people whose families have been going there for more than 2 and 3 decades, and locals who have bought units just so they could use the amenities of the resort throughout the year. It's a great family place, not fancy, but comfortable. My friends came down to visit and enjoyed it too!
My daughters and I really enjoyed our time at Grand Shores West and are already looking forwards to our vacation next year!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family