“30 years and going...”
Review of Grand Shores West

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Grand Shores West
Seoul, South Korea
“30 years and going...”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed here more than any other hotel/resort in more than 10 countries. The owners have done a great job maintaining the place and made some really good improvements to it over the years. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We did find a couple of small things wrong with the room, but they were fixed without a problem. The beachfront is absolutely awesome. I don't think you'll find a place like this for the price anywhere else. It is a quiet, family atmosphere. They don't have the distractions other resorts have, but they have plenty of sand, a warm pool and a safe environment for the kiddos. Our unit, 504 had a loft, a bedroom,a roll-away bed, a bed and a pull-out couch in the living room. There's internet in the rooms, free Sunday papers, a functioning kitchen and some really smart people on what to do in the area. I recommend John's Pass, SeaBreeze (must have), Candy Kitchen, the Wine Cellar ($$$$), and the Bird Sanctuary (free). There are free cabanas, kayaks and sailboats available (during the day) for guests. No renting like at other hotels a few doors down (Hilton). I brought my kids this year for the first time. This makes 4 generations to holiday here. I plan on coming back too. A great self-catered holiday!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Inkeeper-25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We like it here, its very simple and no fuss. What i dont like is the parking situation. Yes its dated, but its right on the ocean and the fees are still cheap although they went up this year about 50$ a unit its still a bargin for a week at a beautiful and peaceful beach. Then again i would be happy in a tent if there were a comfortable bed in it. I can get picky, but not when the beach is right at your feet. What more can you want?

Room Tip: Pool area is wonderful !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family has owned a time share here for over 15 yrs every year the rooms deteriorate more and more. I really think we should take our yrly maintenance fee and while here go to Lowes and buy new shower heads and plug covers and light bulbs and replacement remote for the 20yr old tv, then just give the office the remains plus receipts, the stove tops which pretty sure this stove is also 15 yrs old... kept going out and on while cooking and ruined our shrimp pasta i was trying to cook. :( before buying a time share anywhere make sure u have them give you a written schedule of upgrades/maintenance

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank Tiffany F
Dade City, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2012

After reading reviews I was concerned about my reservation, we stayed in rm 118 which had recently been painted, for two of us the room was every thing we needed, was nice and clean. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful not only to myself but watching when other guest needed help with boats or chairs on beach that you can use for free. We are already planning on going back next May. The only thing I found inconvenient was the parking but plenty of space across the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sandollar00
Rockaway Beach N.Y.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Place is very dated, everything is dingy & smells! Front desk staff leaves a lot to be desired! I asked to see room before checking in! Best thing I did, as when we went into room lots of small bugs (cockroaches) crawling on the counter and in sink. We backed right out of the room. This place needs a bomb and then gut it and update everything! Great Location BUT............. thats it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rocbchday
Orlando, FL
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I bought my timeshare here on EBay, without having been there, then read the other reviews before going, I was wondering what to expect... well, let's see,
Yes, the decor is dated, but, the bed was firm and comfortable, the furnishings are sturdy and not broken, the one bedroom unit we have has a beautiful view! The kitchen appliances may be older, but worked, and everything was clean. I took my crockpot from home, and used it too so dinner could cook while I was out on the beach and in the pool.
Tuesday night, I mentioned to Gayle (I hope I spelled it as she likes since IDK, but she is FANTASTIC!) at the front desk that one electrical outlet did not work, and another sparked when I plugged in my computer, and maintenance was knocking on my door Wenesday morning and had both outlets replaced that day.
We really enjoyed the use of the cabanas, and the catamaran, the grills, and the pool and hot tub. Unfortunately the WiFi did not pick up well in our unit, but, worked fine on the balconey, and in the lobby. I was disappointed that the Pot Luck BBQ was cancelled, I had signed up to go and was looking forwards to getting to know more people there too.
I talked to people whose families have been going there for more than 2 and 3 decades, and locals who have bought units just so they could use the amenities of the resort throughout the year. It's a great family place, not fancy, but comfortable. My friends came down to visit and enjoyed it too!
My daughters and I really enjoyed our time at Grand Shores West and are already looking forwards to our vacation next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank LeslieOrlando_FL
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We just got home from grand shores. We had a great time. Staff friendly, rooms were clean, right on the beach. We are from the Tampa bay area so we really don't enjoy blowing a thousand dollars or more to stay in basically our own back yard, so the price is great. No it's not the ritz but it's very nice.

• Stayed July 2012
Barefoot Beach Hotel
Barefoot Beach Hotel
#3 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Grand Shores West? Share your experiences!