“The best beach vacation-some updating needed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Ram Sea Condominiums
Stoney Creek, ON
“The best beach vacation-some updating needed”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I stayed at the Ram Sea years ago with my parents. When I was looking for a beach vacation for my family on the Gulf side of Florida, I looked long and hard for the perfect spot.

I wanted a heated pool right on the beach, no grass or plants growing in the sand, no bridge over sea oates, just step off the pool deck onto the beach.

I wanted free Internet in the room.

I wanted a great location that had shopping and restaurants in the area.

I wanted it close to an airport.

I wanted on-site parking.

I wanted a private balcony that was directly Gulf front, no looking around corners or partially obstructed views.

Impossible to find you say? Not at all. Imagine my surprise when I ended up in the same place my parents took me some 25 years ago.

The Ram Sea has all the above. It really is still a beautiful property in a great part of town. It is also very safe as you see the police cars cruise up and down the street.

The views from the balcony are fantastic, you are so close to the water and yet still have a great section of beach. The hot tub was great and the pool was also fantastic, nice and warm.

Everything was clean: pool, hot tub, pool deck, parking lot, beach, lobby, elevators... you name it. The palm trees on site also add to the surroundings.

We were in unit 204. Nice unit, but clearly a bit dated. The bathrooms mostly could use the most work. On one occasion, a valve inside the toilet tank stopped working and it would just run... We brought this to the attention of the front desk and no kidding, within an hour, the fix-it guy was up twice, once to see what he needed and once to install the new part. I have never seen that kind of attention and response in any hotel I have stayed and I have been to Florida around 20 times in my lifetime.

With the above said, the toilet did stop flushing properly but it was close to the end of our stay and we just avoided it. It is clearly an old toilet, like the tile on the floor and the tub. Add in the dated furniture which also was past its prime (part of the arm of a chair was broken) and what you have is a unit that likely has lots of original stuff in it, probably like your 20 year old house.

The place is also a bit noisy as you can hear water run through pipes from other units and garbage being thrown down the chute (there are time limits on using the chute, some people choose to follow the sign, others don't). It didn't stop me from getting a good sleep, but I don't have problems sleeping.

With all that said, I would absolutely return!

It is the best beach location you can find.

Yeah, it would be even nicer if some things in our unit were updated but none of that ruined our trip.

Thank you Ram Sea, we had a great time and took hundreds of photos of the beach and of course the beautiful sunsets.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank NorthernGator
Beachin07, General Manager at Ram Sea Condominiums, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Thank you so much for taking time to write. We always appreciate input from our guests. You may be pleased to know that you can now go on to our new website and select a specific condominium that matches your vacation preference. It used to be that you made a reservation without being able to select your favorite condominium. Now ...that choice is yours. The new website has all condos individually listed with amenities, unit descriptions and all new photographs. The new website was launched last week. Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We hope this will enhance your vacation experience. Thanks again!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
LONDON
Reviewed February 20, 2010

The Ram Sea is a very old condo building. It is right on the beach. All the units are individually owned. The Unit we had at three bedrooms, two bathrooms clean, but very outdated. I would't stay here again. Lots of other places that are much better. And its definelity overpriced. Location is good right on the strip, right on the beach, has a pool and hot tub. But not enough chairs or loungers. Parking onsite. Walking distance to restaurants. Any questions just email me. I just stayed there Feb 15-19. Very cold weather in Florida right now. Bring a sweater or two. Have fun!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Gea22
Beachin07, General Manager-JC Resorts at Ram Sea Condominiums, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
Thank you for taking time to write a review.

Ram Sea I was built in 1980, Ram Sea II in 1981. Both buildings were recently renovated. Ram Sea I in 2008 and Ram Sea II in 2009. I emailed this reviewer last week asking for specifics as to location within the building and have not gotten a response yet. Typically, we do not have any stays shorter than seven nights in the winter season and I cannot locate a rental that matches the dates. Perhaps this condo was rented through another service or an inidivdual owner? JC Resorts handles rentals for the majority of condos here but there are a few who "do their own thing".

Condos are privately owned but...are required to maintain to required standards. I have been here at Ram Sea for over 28 years. Our office is on site and we are most responsive to our guest's needs. We are happy to answer any questions. Again, thank you for taking the time to write. It helps to keep us on our toes :-)
NewBrunswick
Reviewed February 3, 2010

My son got married on the beach in front of the Ram Sea on Feb. 25 2009. We rented 3 - 3 Bedroom condos. There were 19 of us in the family group. The condos are beautiful and with all the modern conveniences. The pool area and hot-tub are next to the beach. The wedding was held in a little alcove beside the pool with little thatched huts and lots of lush vegitation. There is a big grill there as well. This is the 3rd time we have stayed there and every stay has been wonderful. We had different condos each time and they are all individually owned and furnished but all were very tastfully done. I loved the sunsets. the huge balconys overlook the Gulf of Mexico and it is very nice to hear the surf at night as you go to sleep. The weeks are from Saturday (check-in 4 o'clock) till the next Saturday (Check-out time 10 am) I would highly recommend this beautiful place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
FloridaBaby14
Reviewed December 27, 2009

This being my second time staying at Ram Sea, I noticed one major improvment, the rooms. Both times going, out stay included my husband, brother, sister-inlaw, niece & nephew. Our first time, Ram Sea II RM 212 was the worst posible room imaginable. Yet our second time, RM 312 was fully loaded with enough space, slightly used appliances, and cleanliness. The servise though is quite sad. We encounter tons of attitude from almost each employe. The location is perfect. It's close to the beach and all grocery stores and malls are about 20 mins away. Overall Ram Sea has it made for anyone and is the perfect place for a family vacation.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank FloridaBaby14
Paris, France
Reviewed July 23, 2009

2nd visit, the first we were lucky in having a superb condo, we asked for it again but were given another which we were not happy with - very shabby, tears in bed linen, limited towerls, shabby furniture, dirty carpet etc... asked to be moved next morning and were given the one we had originally asked for. Staff couldn't be more helpful but had a hefty extra cleaning bill to pay because we were 1 night in the other unit!!! (about $125!!).
Location fantastic, great views of ocean, We were on 3rd floor and the Elevator was a huge problem throughout our 2 week stay - it broke down several times and was dirty and very slow - if I owned a unit here I'd be asking the management to do something about it!
Overall I'd say that the 20 odd year old building needs some serious updating to compete with other excellent condo units in the area - I won't return there until they have made improvements which is a shame as the staff are so good.
Must visit Crabby Bills a short drive in Indian Shores - great place for breakfast & evenings!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Beachin07, General Manager at Ram Sea Condominiums, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
The first condo occupied is a very nice two bedroom, is fully furnished with a private balcony directly overlooking the Gulf. I reviewed comment cards for this condo for the last 12 months and found most satisified guests. The second room has a different floor plan with the master bedroom and living room directly on the Gulf. One can understand how that was preferable. We do try to honor specific requests as often as possible. The elevator had a specialty part problem that was corrected as soon as humanly possible. We regret it was down during your stay. We accommodate a multitude of very satisifed guests. We are happy that we were able to move you to a room that was your initial preference.
WDM IA
Reviewed February 27, 2009

We came to the Ram Sea for the second year in a row! Our first experience was September 2007 for a wedding on the beach where we rented at the Ram Sea and everyone else stayed at the hotel next door. They were, as we were, pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. We returned home and mentioned to our friends and showed them our photos and we returned in September 2008 for another week long adventure and although we have not booked for 2009 yet we are still hoping to return again September 2009. I cannot say enough about our stay, the condos were wonderful and a different sunset every night.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
new hampshire
Reviewed May 4, 2008

We stayed in the Ram Sea from 4/23 to 4/29/08. It's so hard for me to book a family vacation each time, because my husband must have directly oceanfront with deck, separate bedroom from kids, kitchen for cooking his favorite homemade food, better to have Hobie Cat or other sailing boats nearby, better to have fishing spots nearby. Kids must have their own bedrooms and free high-speed internet, this condo scores all right!
The beach from St. Pete to Clearwater is around 26 miles long,the condo is in the mid-point . It's nice to have a long morning or sunset walk. surface is hard and good for walk, some people even ride bike on beach. water is clam and shallow, good for beginners like me , my husband usually went to deeper water and swim a mile long each day. other people said there may be some sting rays, I did not find any. beach has less crushed shells than Macro Island. Hobie Cat and other beach toys rental in front of condo, we were sailing everyday. a lot of fish in water, we could harvest 10 more small fish every net. swimming pool is a plus, especially in a windy day.
Condo are individual owned, the condition b/w each condos are big difference even you pay the same amount of money. we live in ram sea II, unit #611, It's s 3 bedroom unit in the highest floor with spectacular view and very big for our familiy of 4. it's clean but VERY old. furniture, beddings and cooking utensil let me recall the memory of when I came in this country 20 years ago.
Overall we have good time, no bug bites. It's very busy for smimming, sailing, fishing, beach walking, sunset watching, eating and sleeping, no TV and reading, like idiots for a week.
The only part I hate is cooking and cleaning.

• Liked — beach,view, roomy ,internet,sailing boat rental and fishing
  • Disliked — this unit need upgrade
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lucky9
Queenshoe, Owner at Ram Sea Condominiums, responded to this review, April 26, 2009
The writer is correct that each unit is individually owned. New living room furniture was delivered to Unit 611 two weeks after this review was written. Later, after the management company forwarded this review to the owner, new dishes were purchased as well as new bedroom furniture and matresses. Please enjoy your stay at the Ram Sea!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Redington Beach
Barefoot Beach Hotel
#3 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Courtyard St. Petersburg Clearwater/Madeira Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Sun Burst Inn
Sun Burst Inn
#1 of 1 in Indian Shores

Been to Ram Sea Condominiums? Share your experiences!