This review is for condo 309 in Building 1. We stayed there for a week beginning Aug 14, 2013. This is a corner unit which means you have an unimpeded view of the sunset. The balcony, which faces the ocean, is spacious and offers a great ocean view. It is furnished with a table and 4 chairs. The unit sits on the opposite end of the building from the pool so you don't hear noise from the people playing there, The condo is in good shape. It is clean, well furnished, the carpets are fairly new, and the bathrooms appear to have been recently updated. However, the workmanship in the shower stall (off of the bedroom with the king bed) was lacking. The floor was not leveled properly so that it is higher in the middle than at the ends. This causes water to pool at the back of the shower. Also, the sliding door does not stay completely closed. These were minor issues/inconveniences though. The kitchen is adequately equipped with utensils and dinnerware. We never cooked so I cannot comment on the stove nor oven. The freezer has an ice maker which was unplugged upon our arrival. Plugging it was easy and it worked well. The beds were comfortable, but the mattresses are on the firm side (we had occasional hip pain). The biggest drawback was the internet connection. Although we had a strong signal from the router (which was unplugged on our arrival), we were frequently unable to connect to the internet (restarting the router did not help). And when we did, the speed was agonizingly slow. As an example, I tried to download a book to my Kindle. After 1.5 hours, it had only downloaded 2% of the book. I then tethered the Kindle to my phone and completed the download in 15 seconds. We ended up using our phones for all of our internet activities. There were a couple of beach chairs, a boogie board, and several puzzles in the unit for our use. The beach itself is clean and the water is very conducive to swimming. Unlike Sanibel, your feet will not get scraped and cut by seashells. There are beach chairs and umbrellas for rent ($25/day, $125/wk). The agent comes by several times a day to adjust the umbrella so that the chairs are always in the shade. Lots of different types of sea birds in the area. On our last day we did see a school of 6-8 stingrays swimming around near the shore. They left after a couple of hours. In summary, this is a solid (not luxurious) unit on a nice beach. It is a good value, and we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly beachfront. Fully furnished one, two and three bedroom vacation rentals. All accommodations have full kitchens, living room, dining room and a private balcony directly overlooking the beach and Gulf. On site guest services office, on site staff. Heated pool and Jacuzzi. Beach concessions (cabana rentals, hobie cats, jet skis, aqua cycles, kayaks, etc). Large pool and Jacuzzi deck equipped with tiki huts, beach chairs and chaise lounges. Beach volleyball on site. Next to DoubleTree Hotel offering full restaurant, lounge, beachside dining and tiki bar.Located in the quaint beach town of North Redington Beach. Directly in between St Pete and Clearwater Beaches in the heart of Tampa Bay. Close to restaurants, shopping, water sports, Johns Pass Village, professional sports, arts and entertainment and everything the Tampa Bay Area has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Ram Sea Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ram Sea Condominiums Hotel North Redington Beach
- Ram Sea Condominiums North Redington Beach, Florida