“Beautiful beachfront holiday!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Ram Sea Condominiums
Ontario, Canada
“Beautiful beachfront holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

My husband and I travelled with our two young daughters ages 2 and 5. We stayed in RamSea 1 Unit 405. We had an absolutely awesome time. This condo is updated and well maintained. It is a non smoking condo. All units in the Ram Sea are beachfront. This unit has laundry right inside which was a bonus for us having young kids. The ladies at the front desk were great..always friendly and greeting us with a smile and making a big deal about the kids. I loved the sunsets, nightime walks on the beach with the kids and just sitting on the balcony with a coffee in the morning. One morning we even saw a dolphin from the balcony which was cool for the kids! We are frequent travellers and this was our third time in Florida since 2008 but was our first time renting a condo. A couple of things that may be helpful if you have not rented a condo before...they do not provide beach towels, you have to bring your own (we travelled to Johns Pass and bought towels for $6 @ Surf Style there--just left them as they were too much for the already overflowing suitcases!). Also, they provide toilet paper, garbage bags and soap (similar to hotel soap). Having rented a house before, we did not know this and bought our own. Housekeeping even checked in mid week and asked if we needed anything. All in all, this was a fabulous vacation and I was very sad to leave. Will definitely go back next year! **RamSea 1 has the hot tub behind it, RamSea 2 has the pool behind it. Both properties are joined by gates which indicate it is private property and for guests only. We found it very quiet. No noise from other units at all and no outside noise...except the ocean sounds of course! Which I am definitely not complaining about!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank JM0510

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

These condos all face the beautiful beach. The first condo we had needed updating and was a smoking condo (beware). We moved from that one to a remodeled very nice condo. (113). It was a great place to stay next to the Doubletree where you have access to rent cabanas, eat and a full bar.

Room Tip: 113 was remodeled and above the pool.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 4Lees
Beachin07, General Manager at Ram Sea Condominiums, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for your review. Some owners do allow smoking on the balconies but those are very rare these days. Most are non smoking and this information is provided on each unit's individual listing. It is a nice feature that you can now go online to select a unit that suits your specific tastes. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Indian Shores, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

I live in Clearwater and stay at beach condos several times a year. I like a kitchen, a pool, good beach, and 3 night minimum (most condos require 7 nights). Ram Sea offered all this, though some seasons they will have 7 nt minimum. I will definitely return here when possible and recommend it for families or couples.
Pros: I love the sound of the ocean, and the soft sand here. N. Redington, like Indian Rocks, is not too deep, not too far to the water. I have stayed in nearby Treasure Island and had a spectacular beach view, but so far from the breaking waves that you can't hear them from your balcony. At Ram Sea and others on Redington, you can hear the ocean inside even in the back of the condo.
The size of these rooms is very large, the largest I've seen in this price range, 1300 s.f. for the 2 BR/2bath. That spacious feeling and full balcony was very relaxing.
You can view each condo and see the furnishings online in advance to request the one you want. When you are doing this, note that the numbers that end in 1 and 9 are on the corners, thus have a breezier corner balcony and huge picture windows on the side, lovely view, highly recommend trying for the end units. The numbers higher than 9 are in the second building. And rooms ending in 2,4,6,8 are recessed balconies. I'm sure still lovely, but they do not jut out (see their pics and you'll see what i mean) Rooms ending in 1,3,5,7,9 seem to book more often.
Very clean, pool clean, hot tub was hot and well maintained and large.
Coin laundry on site, check which floors if this is important to you.
Front staff warm and friendly and helpful, there was even a huge basket full of fresh tangerines someone had just picked free for the guests.
Walking distance, about 1 block, is a convenience store. At least 2 restaurants walking distance (The Wine Cellar and Conch Republic Grill) And the resort next door has a tiki hut bar on the beach if you want to have a cocktail, they probably serve food as well.

Only some small things to point out:
Beds ugh. They are not sheer torture, but the mattresses, pillows, and sheets are just not up to par. Nothing feels worse than a scratchy pilly pillowcase on your head, and old cheap tired mattresses. From the pics it looked like most of the units had similar beds, though with individual furnishings, there must be some that have nicer bedding. I will bring my own pillows and sheets next time, and urge them to upgrade the mattresses and pillows and sheets.
Unit 409 had the most bizarre television set up, with missing channels (like NBC) and confusing channel numbers like 102.310 and changing channels was random. If it wasn't for football, we wouldn't have needed it, so did not matter much to us.

Kitchen was are very fully stocked with utensils, pots, cookie sheets, just about every gadget we could need. But the staff for some reason cleans out any leftovers of basic supplies. I find in condos that they usually leave the last person's dish soap, dishwasher soap, paper towels, salt/pepper, windex, Fantastic, foil. Not one thing. You will have a dishrag and 2 dish towels, one roll paper towels, and adequate toilet paper. Everything else you need to bring, and if you fly out and don't take it home with you, you've just supplied them with about $30 worth of supplies that won't get left for the next person. Minor annoyance. Unit 409 did not have any plastic cups to take down to pool, or wine glasses.

Although the rest of the place was positively spotless, for some reason the back windows on the slider to the balcony were filthy, had to really scrub them myself to enjoy the view. I've got a hangup about clean glass though, so maybe this would not have bothered someone else.
Though the unit would potentially sleep 8 (2 doubles in 1 bedroom, 2 twins in another, and 2 on a sleeper sofa), there were only 4 chairs around the dining table. There were at least 4 bar stools though, so if you don't mind splitting up, it's fine.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
9 Thank jujudee
Thanks for your comments and tips. They will certainly be helpful for others. You may be pleased to know that 409 has had upgraded balcony doors installed since your stay. In fact...all units in Ram Sea I had new sliding glass doors installed during a four month refurbishing project completed in December 2011. We are also constantly working with our linen supplier to improve on the comfort of bed linens. Linens and towels are supplied by a commercial rental service and are subject to some stringent cleaning methods for sanitation purposes. We've also supplied the condo with plastic glasses for the pool and some other items. We are always working to improve and to make our guests more comfortable. Thanks again for your time.
Kokomo, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

This is the 7th year we have rented from JC Resorts, 5th year to stay at the Ram Sea! The condos are clean and spacious! The website for JC Resorts updated and now you can view the condos before you reserve! This is an asset when trying to decide which of the many condos to choose from and you don't have to wait until check in to find out which room you were given!

The vacation was spent relaxing on the beach and enjoying the wonderful weather! We will return next year to the Ram Sea!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank BeachGirl53
Stoney Creek, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

I stayed at the Ram Sea years ago with my parents. When I was looking for a beach vacation for my family on the Gulf side of Florida, I looked long and hard for the perfect spot.

I wanted a heated pool right on the beach, no grass or plants growing in the sand, no bridge over sea oates, just step off the pool deck onto the beach.

I wanted free Internet in the room.

I wanted a great location that had shopping and restaurants in the area.

I wanted it close to an airport.

I wanted on-site parking.

I wanted a private balcony that was directly Gulf front, no looking around corners or partially obstructed views.

Impossible to find you say? Not at all. Imagine my surprise when I ended up in the same place my parents took me some 25 years ago.

The Ram Sea has all the above. It really is still a beautiful property in a great part of town. It is also very safe as you see the police cars cruise up and down the street.

The views from the balcony are fantastic, you are so close to the water and yet still have a great section of beach. The hot tub was great and the pool was also fantastic, nice and warm.

Everything was clean: pool, hot tub, pool deck, parking lot, beach, lobby, elevators... you name it. The palm trees on site also add to the surroundings.

We were in unit 204. Nice unit, but clearly a bit dated. The bathrooms mostly could use the most work. On one occasion, a valve inside the toilet tank stopped working and it would just run... We brought this to the attention of the front desk and no kidding, within an hour, the fix-it guy was up twice, once to see what he needed and once to install the new part. I have never seen that kind of attention and response in any hotel I have stayed and I have been to Florida around 20 times in my lifetime.

With the above said, the toilet did stop flushing properly but it was close to the end of our stay and we just avoided it. It is clearly an old toilet, like the tile on the floor and the tub. Add in the dated furniture which also was past its prime (part of the arm of a chair was broken) and what you have is a unit that likely has lots of original stuff in it, probably like your 20 year old house.

The place is also a bit noisy as you can hear water run through pipes from other units and garbage being thrown down the chute (there are time limits on using the chute, some people choose to follow the sign, others don't). It didn't stop me from getting a good sleep, but I don't have problems sleeping.

With all that said, I would absolutely return!

It is the best beach location you can find.

Yeah, it would be even nicer if some things in our unit were updated but none of that ruined our trip.

Thank you Ram Sea, we had a great time and took hundreds of photos of the beach and of course the beautiful sunsets.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank NorthernGator
Beachin07, General Manager at Ram Sea Condominiums, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Thank you so much for taking time to write. We always appreciate input from our guests. You may be pleased to know that you can now go on to our new website and select a specific condominium that matches your vacation preference. It used to be that you made a reservation without being able to select your favorite condominium. Now ...that choice is yours. The new website has all condos individually listed with amenities, unit descriptions and all new photographs. The new website was launched last week. Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We hope this will enhance your vacation experience. Thanks again!
LONDON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2010

The Ram Sea is a very old condo building. It is right on the beach. All the units are individually owned. The Unit we had at three bedrooms, two bathrooms clean, but very outdated. I would't stay here again. Lots of other places that are much better. And its definelity overpriced. Location is good right on the strip, right on the beach, has a pool and hot tub. But not enough chairs or loungers. Parking onsite. Walking distance to restaurants. Any questions just email me. I just stayed there Feb 15-19. Very cold weather in Florida right now. Bring a sweater or two. Have fun!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Gea22
Beachin07, General Manager-JC Resorts at Ram Sea Condominiums, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
Thank you for taking time to write a review.

Ram Sea I was built in 1980, Ram Sea II in 1981. Both buildings were recently renovated. Ram Sea I in 2008 and Ram Sea II in 2009. I emailed this reviewer last week asking for specifics as to location within the building and have not gotten a response yet. Typically, we do not have any stays shorter than seven nights in the winter season and I cannot locate a rental that matches the dates. Perhaps this condo was rented through another service or an inidivdual owner? JC Resorts handles rentals for the majority of condos here but there are a few who "do their own thing".

Condos are privately owned but...are required to maintain to required standards. I have been here at Ram Sea for over 28 years. Our office is on site and we are most responsive to our guest's needs. We are happy to answer any questions. Again, thank you for taking the time to write. It helps to keep us on our toes :-)
NewBrunswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

My son got married on the beach in front of the Ram Sea on Feb. 25 2009. We rented 3 - 3 Bedroom condos. There were 19 of us in the family group. The condos are beautiful and with all the modern conveniences. The pool area and hot-tub are next to the beach. The wedding was held in a little alcove beside the pool with little thatched huts and lots of lush vegitation. There is a big grill there as well. This is the 3rd time we have stayed there and every stay has been wonderful. We had different condos each time and they are all individually owned and furnished but all were very tastfully done. I loved the sunsets. the huge balconys overlook the Gulf of Mexico and it is very nice to hear the surf at night as you go to sleep. The weeks are from Saturday (check-in 4 o'clock) till the next Saturday (Check-out time 10 am) I would highly recommend this beautiful place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
#6 of 48 in Treasure Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,684 reviews
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,392 reviews
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Ram Sea Condominiums? Share your experiences!