“Better than most in the area”

Olde World Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 75 Restaurants in North Port
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently dined at Olde World with my friend who lives in Port Charlotte. I found the staff to be very friendly and attentive. The menu has a good variety of items to choose from. I chose the 16 oz. ribeye steak dinner with baked potato and salad. The steak was cooked just a tad more than I had ordered but was still very good. The salad was a bit small but fresh. It was nice to dine in a quiet dining room although there was karaoke in the bar. There are many chain restaurants in the area and it was a pleasure to dine at Olde World where they prepare their food from scratch.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Olde World restaurant is a place to meet friends and have a great meal. Their prices are pretty decent and the meals are very tasty. I have not been there for awhile but the experience was very good when I went. I would recommend it.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband had never been to Old World which is very close to our vacation home in Florida. The day of our arrival we were tired and decided to stay close to home. Once again, what a pleasant surprise. The service and the food was very good. I had the land,sea, and air and the steak was delicious, fried shrimp exceptional and the chicken great but I could not eat it all. Hubby got the prime rib and what a nice piece of meet- very little was and tasted like it came from a 5 star steakhouse. Their menu is large and while everything on it may not be fit for a foodie. Their food is seriously worth a try. What is charming is the owner came out and sat and talked with us and the waitress seemed to know everyone. Families and elderly people all seemed to enjoy the place. Later we went to Karaoke at the bar and it was packed with local people having a great time. We love this place. Great breakfasts cooked to order.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Pretty on the outside, roachy on the inside. Waitress was rude (Lacey Vicich, I think), and the food was mediocre at best. Waited on the check twenty minutes before they brought it out, after asking for it three times.

5  Thank Monty568
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This place is excellent. I could not believe the quality of food and the application of the theme of "Olde". However, I do have one complaint. One of your employees, Lacey, was very rude to myself and my party. She constantly barked at us, didn't seem to care at the quality of the restaurant she represented, and was generally unhygienic. I would hope that in order to uphold its excellent standards, Lacey should be terminated immediately to avoid alienating future customers.

38  Thank John M