“Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of China Palace

China Palace
Ranked #55 of 72 Restaurants in North Port
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
north port,fl
“Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

Haven't been here for awhile. We had returned from a vacation & had to go by there to pick up our pooches @ the sitter, so we thought we get Chinese. What a mistake! The food was always good, but apparently new owners. My family dropped me off to order & get the take-out then they were returning to pick me up. I walked in & an oriental woman was asleep on one of the tables, the place was deserted & no orders waiting to be picked up. Bad signs. I gave my order & waited @ one of the tables. I had to use the restroom & when I walked by the counter, I saw the woman sleeping on the floor behind the counter. $70. later arrived home to awful food. Chicken fried rice was made with some kind of dark meat chicken, thought it may have been gizzards. Vegetable Lo Mein was drenched in soy sauce. Beef on a stick was some kind of flavor that I had no idea what it was. Chow Mein should have been called Stringy Mein. The shrimp in lobster sauce was some kind of gooey white mess. The shrimp egg rolls & spring rolls were good, as was the white rice. Won Ton soup awful too. Be warned STAY AWAY! The phone didn't ring once the entire time I was there. Employee taking order never once smiled.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Marlene C

North Port, Florida
“Food was great, service not so much!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We will get take out there again because we like the food. If the kids like it, then we are set. Had broc chic dinners and pot stickers. Was gobbled up fast.
The person taking the order was not friendly and not helpful at all when the kids had questions. People do have bad days so we will see.

• Visited July 2014
“Not nearly what it used to be, more grizzle than beef and keep the water close by incase the reheated rice chokes you!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been coming here since 2002 and for the first 5 years or so they were the best in town.the quality of the meats were excellent and the rice was always moist. They really used to take pride in their restaurant. Then they started making changes and the meats took the first hit. They used to give you sliced marinated pork medallions when you ordered boneless spare ribs but they changed that to the sliced pig ears that you see everywhere else, yes that is what you are eating! Then the beef which was always tender and free of chewy grizzle became tough and half of it is grizzle. We then just changed over to chicken dishes, eggs rolls, and rice dishes which were still great. Over the past year they have really gone down, making mistakes on orders so you have to open and check everything and the pork fried rice is hit or miss. When it is fresh and moist it is great but other times they reheat it and I have choked on it. The chicken wings are awesome if they are not reheated but sometimes they are. The egg roles are usually great but lately the grease pours out when you take a bite and they have been soggy. They have just become to Hit or Miss for me so I am going to have to drive a bit further from now on. With the price of gas you don't want to drive 15 minutes each way and then have to drive back for whatever was missed or to request a fresh meal. You never know what a cook will do when you complain about a meal so don't bother with this place any more! They can make a great meal if they want too but it will cost you $25 or more and maybe it is awesome but maybe it is reheated leftovers!
Disclaimer!!! This is my opinion and your experience may vary, for the attorneys out there!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Milliard431
North Port, Florida
“average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Unpleasant attendant at the counter. It wasnt busy and they acted like it was an imposition to take my order. Had a shrimp combination plate and wonton soup. Food was average. Environment was clean, but cold.

Visited February 2014
Columbia, IL
“Love Love Love their Chinese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have a home nearby and always carry out from here. We love the food. The orders are always correct and are ready promptly. So many good choices. Great pork egg rolls. I have never had anything bad from this place...........and so close to our Florida house.

• Visited September 2013