“Found bug parts in my sushi”

Kumo's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi
Ranked #17 of 71 Restaurants in North Port
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New within the past year, also loctions in Cape Coral, Florida and Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Found bug parts in my sushi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I use to love eating here but last time I went I ordered some sushi and as I was eating I wasn't paying too much attention to my plate because I was with my friend who had just came for a visit from cali and we were talking. Half way through my food I noticed some weird looking things on the side of my plate and on some of my food I set it aside and couldn't beleave it. It was a huge leg with the little foot and a anntenna and wing off of a palmetto bug also know as florida cockroach. It looked like maby somone smashed it and pieces of it fell on my plate. They didn't charge me fore it only for my salad and drink but my friend didn't eat her food because it made her grosed out and ruined our time. I have never went back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank mizzmay

Fort Myers, Florida
“good but small portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Visited KUMO..was just out on a day trip in the area...Asked at the door the average price and was told between 10-12 per entree....Nothing on the menu for dinnner is that price...Average was 15-20...Food was good but not that good..portions were small Lunch portion at dinner and small compared to PF Chang's...it is too dark can't even see to read the menu...Might return for Lunch but not dinner

• Visited May 2013
Venice, Florida
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I love this restaurant. Excellent food, excellent service, great atmosphere, and good portion sizes. I frequently visit this restaurant in North Port, although I live in Venice. There is something about this place that I cannot get enough of!

Visited April 2013
Westminster, Maryland
“Nice...But few bumps along the road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Visited KUMO upon the recommendation of family who live in the area. We found upon requesting a minor change to one of our 5 sushi orders, we were charged an additional $8!! A bit much considering the original sushi cost $5.25. We asked about the charge, and nothing was offered for concession. We also took advantage of a text type discount for 10% off our bill (which was advertised right in their restaurant). Upon presenting my cell for the discount, the waiter promptly inspected my phone and walked AWAY WITH IT! I asked him what he was doing, and he told me he had to get it approved by his manager. I wondered if they had a budget for dropped iPHONE's !?!? Very strange. The manager then comes to the table with my phone, and stands there looking over the text record. Overall, the food was very good. Restaurant was way too dark, and bathroom even darker. Wondered what they were trying to hide.

• Visited April 2013
ft myers, florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best restaurant in north port”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

there is no other restaurant nicer Could you say more? Reviews must be at least 100 characters. Thanks.

Visited January 2013