“A busy golf course with better than average turf conditions”

Bobcat Trail Golf and Country Club
Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in North Port
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We got in on an early twilight rate (2 PM in January) and I didn't expect to finish 18 holes, and my expectation was realized. We quit at 6:15 after the sun went down and we had completed 16 holes. I believe they use alternating 7 & 8 minute intervals for tee times and that's just crowding too many people on the course for a comfortable pace of play. The ranger was out, but there wasn't much he could do.
It's a decent golf course and the turf was much better than other public courses I have played in the Charlotte/Fort Myers area. Greens were large and the speed was fair.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
My suggestion would be to pay a little extra and allow enough time to finish the round. Seven minutes between times just puts too many people out.

There are newer reviews for Bobcat Trail Golf and Country Club

Reviewed December 24, 2011

An enjoyable golf course with some good holes.
Condition of course was overall very good - a variety of tees for all players to play from.
Good value for December golf with online special.

Main issue - pace of play was slow, in fact very slow - there appeared to be no course marshall. Over two hours for first nine holes - group in front had lost at least two holes and it became stacked behind.
Other than this no beverage cart but this was not a real issue

Reviewed September 21, 2011

We went with a large outting so I am not sure what the regular pricing would be. They had bloody marys in the morning and on the cart which made my hubby really happy. The cart had liquor not just beer and wine on it, so that made the rest of us happy!
The course was well taken care of, great atmosphere and the staff was friendly and helpful. The bathrooms were clean a major plus!! We had burgers, brats, and many sides for the luncheon. Ours were all cooked perfectly and there was plenty for those who had seconds.
The only thing that was disappointing was the lack of direrction going from one hole to the next. Being first timers there we didn't know where to get one several holes. Overall I can't wait to go back and golf some more!!