“Excellent family owned restaurant!”
Review of Bema J's Bistro

Bema J's Bistro
Ranked #9 of 73 Restaurants in North Port
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Bobcat Village Center
North Port, Florida
“Excellent family owned restaurant!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is my favorite place and we eat here often! We LOVE rib night but have had other great meals too. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere and excellent food.

• Visited June 2014

North Port, Florida
“Disappointing, service is good and the atomsphere is nice, food not.”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Ate lunch with my hubby. He said his food was OK, not special. I had the Ruben. The corned beef was very tough and there was NO thousand island dressing anywhere on my sandwich and not on the side. It said it on the menu. The bread was soggy, it seemed like it was microwaved. I did not like the cheese either. Very little sauerkraut. I did like the mix of meats and the pastrami was good, but the overall sandwich sucked!! I have eaten there before so I just can't recommend them.

• Visited April 2014
North Port, Florida
“Great on a Wed. evening for their ribs.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's a small intimate place and the service is great. I love their BBQ ribs on Wed. evenings. The menu is limited but everything that we have tried is very good. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Punta Gorda, FL
“Just Give Me the Ribs”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our best friend invited us out to Bema J's across from Bobcat Trail, in North Port, on a Wednesday less than two weeks ago. I asked him what type of food they served, and he said on Wednesday it was rib night and we would not be disappointed. "Not disappointed" may be the understatement of the decade. When the waitress said they have raspberry ribs, he and I went for them. My spouse elected to run with the cranberry ribs. Our friend's spouse chose to go with a dish off the main menu and not have the ribs.

I love ribs, but these were an experience in pure delight, meaty ribs cooked to perfection, moist meat yet almost falling off the bone; and the raspberry sauce almost defies description, with a subtle raspberry flavor and just the right zing. My wife raved about the cranberry ribs, so of course I had to at least have a small bite, and they too were delicious. Our friend's spouse said her meal was excellent.

The ribs were so off-the-wall good, they almost make you forget to talk about the great service and terrific Argentinian Malbec which we consumed two bottles of. I probably should not have written this review, because we're planning a return to Bema J's in about ten days, Wednesday of course, for ribs, and spreading the word may bring Bema J's more well-deserved business and make it harder to get reservations.

“OMG The ribs are good”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Not just the Ribs, been there a few times with friends everyone was more than satisfied with their meals. Lobster Bisque, Wraps and Salmon Salads were great. Small place so reserve if you can