“Not fancy... still delicious!”
Review of Shark's Fish House

Shark's Fish House
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in North Port
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

It's not super fancy. It is super delicious! The food is fried. Make no mistake when you go, its not fine dining! It's like a much better Long John Silvers. The food looks quite like it except for in much larger portions and much much much better tasting! The prices are great! I got three fish strips and fries and coleslaw for $10. I could barely finish one fish strip and fries. We did get the coconut shrimp basket appetizer too, but I only ate two of those. All in all, great food and great value if you are not looking for fine dining. :-)

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I was told by the waitress today that this place has been in business for 13 years, and yet since I live in Englewood and don't visit North Port all that often, I never had a chance to eat here. Today a friend treated me to lunch and we both ordered the Fish and Chips. FANTASTIC!!!! Light batter, mild, great tasting fish and the fries were done to perfection. I don't particularly like coffee in styrofoam cups, but if that's my only complaint, it's really not even worth mentioning. Service was quick, super efficient and super friendly, I just love this place and recommend it highly!!! The fact that the parking lot was full, and technically "season" is over, speaks very highly for this place.

2  Thank mamamia70
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Any trip to North Port or Port Charlotte would be incomplete without going to Shark's for the fish n chips. The slabs of fish are huge and very, very tasty. I got three fillets and fries for less than $10. Quite possibly the best fish n chips in Florida and worth checking out. The service is also quite good.

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We carried out our order because the place was so packed. In the season you can't get a table on Friday. Not fancy but great fried fish, and shrimp and very reasonable prices. The fish pieces are very very large.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Was craving fried shrimp. This is the spot!just passing thru area. Batter was just right! Will definitely recommend to all my friends and family