“Great Greek”

Greek Grille & Gallery
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in North Port
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: OPA! The Greek Grille & Gallery offers Authentic Greek Cuisine in a 38 seat open casual setting. Geek Style Meze, Souvalki, Gyros, Spanokopita, Saganaki, Lamb and many other Greek favorites!Featuring Imported Greek Wines & Beers. Extra Virgin Olive Oils, Spices, Teas & Olive Oil Soaps available for purchase.Browse the gallery of local artwork on display too!
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

The grilled octopus is phenomenal! The pork souvlaki was spectacular. The Greel salad was so incredible. We also had the eggplant and lamb shank which were superb

1  Thank Stelly3665
There are newer reviews for Greek Grille & Gallery

Reviewed December 18, 2013

What more can I say? There is no better. We travel 25 minutes to get there. It is worth the $ and the drive. You won't be dissapointed.

1  Thank Bondace
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Oftentimes, I overlook restaurants in strip malls, but I'm glad we stopped in. I've had what I thought was good Greek food until I dined here. The hummus is light and fluffy and served with fresh pita bread. The chicken souvlaki was so tender and juicy that it had to be marinated--in what, I don't know, but the seasonings were absolute perfection! It was served with a small Greek salad and pita. There are numerous Greek- wines and beers offered along with the usual beverages. We shared the Revani--coconut sponge cake--and it was the perfect ending to a perfect dinner. (Am I using the word "perfect" too much?) The establishment is very clean with original art works adorning the walls. Take-out is available, but who would want to do this when the owner, Dino, can delight you with his gregarious and bubbly personality. No one would leave unsatisfied. No. One.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Recently ate here and was so happy to stumble on a charming Greek restaurant. The menu was varied and I cannot fault the freshness and quality of the food. The server was very hardworking and service got slow at the end. Not a criticism just a fact and my older mom wasn't feeling well, so it was time to get the check and go. Getting the check and adding an item to the bill that we had previously told them we wanted to purchase resulted in major attitude and utter rudeness from the female owner. She didn't know the price and was about to charge double what it should have been, when I quoted the price that was plainly visible right in front of me. This really set off her anger and she treated me like I was a piece of garbage instead of a valued customer(Who happened to be right) Her response was a to say that they are very busy and to thrust my credit card at her husband to run through because she didn't even want to do that for me. Busy is a blessing in today's economy in any business! I was polite the entire time but had to voice my unhappiness to her husband. He did apologize. Iam just baffled and was actually hurt by her treatment. My mom and I had a very hard day and just had a death in our family. The last thing we needed was to spend our hard earned money for what should be a pleasant experience, and to have it take a turn that way. We are all human and have bad days but this was too much. It was my first time there and I spend a lot of time in Venice, would have loved to make it a regular stop. I still wish them luck and hope this was an unusual occurrence.

1  Thank kristinjk
Teri L, Owner at Greek Grille & Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

First, we would like to apologize to you for any misunderstanding the night you visited.

As a family run business we take pride in the quality of our food & service.
It is never our intention to have a customer feel under-appreciated or uncomfortable.
For that we are truly sorry.

We wish you & your family well as we head into the Holidays and hope that you enjoy the complimentary bottle of wine we placed with your purchases that night.

Best Regards,
The Lykos Family

Reviewed October 25, 2013

quiet little hole in the wall place, reminded me of a"little Italy" but greek. Food was wonderful authentic homemade. Great flavors! Loved the little shopping area where customers can buy an array of Greek foods. One recommendation would be a kids menu

1  Thank clintw1