“Now this is Italian food!”
Review of La Rocca

La Rocca
Ranked #16 of 73 Restaurants in North Port
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
North Port, Florida
“Now this is Italian food!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

North Port's best kept secret is La Rocca. It is by far the best Italian food anywhere. The sauce is to die for. It's tangy and so flavorful. I don't care for sweet sauces. Their Pasta Fagoli soup is the best anywhere. We've had a variety of dishes there like Eggplant Parmesan, Chicken Parmesan, Linguini tossed in olive oil with garlic and Broccoli, Pizza, and specials of the day and have never been disappointed in their food. The bread is delicious and I'm not a bread person. I love the dipping oil for the bread too. Very unique. The service is excellent. The servers are very knowledgeable and have a great sense of timing so your dining experience is enjoyable without being rushed. And I like the personal touch with the owners visiting us. Chris is an excellent cook and Nicole an excellent server. We miss Marina but Brittany is adorable and love having her wait on us. The décor is not your typical Italian décor you normally find in similar restaurants but I enjoy the quaintness of it. It may be on the outskirts of North Port but it's well worth the drive.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Peggy R

Largo, Florida
“Real Italian Food...Don't pass it by”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We recently moved to the area and after riding by many times, we decided to give La Rocca a try. The décor needs some updating, HOWEVER, that can be completely overlooked because the food was amazing! When I commented how great the garlic smelled, our server (who ended up being the co-owner, Nicole) brought us out an order of the garlic knots…they were delicious! The wine list is limited, but we did find a nice bottle that went well with our dinners. We had the calamari as an appetizer and it was very enjoyable. For dinner, I had the Penne Chicken & Broccoli and my husband had the Spaghetti Bolognese. Both were wonderful and the pasta was cooked perfectly. Everything was fresh and you could tell cooked to order. Nicole and Chris are wonderful hosts and we cannot wait to go back!

• Visited May 2013
7 Thank Daisy122
Columbia, IL
“Just amazing”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We arrived and this is the first place we go for dinner. It is close to Florida house and has the best Italian food. I got the chicken with the Gorgonzola sauce and once again it was fabulous. Can't get anything this good on the Italian Hill in St. Louis. They had a strip steak special and hubby got it and it was awesome, very well seasoned and cooked to perfection. He asked if he could have a small order of the pasta with meat sauce and a meatball and sausage and they did and it was the best. If I have to find a flaw it is with their Caesar dressing. Great place to eat.

• Visited May 2013
6 Thank susiejc
North Port, Florida
“The worst Italian I've ever had .”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Should have known when we walked in the door... no one was there, we were the only customers. I had eggplant parm, sandwich which was very thinly cut eggplant, that was over breaded, then placed into some strange hunk of bread. The sauce was tasteless. My husband had pasta with marinara sauce, that was tasteless and barely warm. I would not recommend this place. I will not be going back.

• Visited April 2013
“Just average”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We tried Larocca for the first time this evening. I gave all average ratings except the service which I gave a better than average. I must say if your menu states a house special pasta dish, it should deliver what it claims to be. Not this one. Very bland and absolutely no hint of gorganzola flavor at all. However, my husband enjoyed his dish of little kneck clams and of course the bread and lava. We may give them another try before we write them off.

• Visited April 2013