“The Real Deal”

La Rocca
Ranked #14 of 77 Restaurants in North Port
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Italian Restaurant and Pizza, European,International cuisine, established more than 10 years ago and Chef experience worldwide more than 27 years. Appetizers, Chicken, Veal , Eggplant, Pasta ( including gluten free), homemade signature desserts ,coffee , cappuccinos , espresso , Homemade bread ,Lasagna , white table cloth dining in the Beautiful North Port.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have had the pleasure of eating here several times and Chris & Nicole are the real deal. They are attentive and efficient and the food is the star of the show. The bruschetta is tasty and the garlic knots are fragrant and warm when they arrive at the table. The "lava" dipping oil is addictive and we have to pace ourselves to leave room for the entrees. During our last visit with out of state friends, we all tried different venues. The cedar planked salmon was moist and perfectly charred, the rack of lamb, a special, arrived med rare to the delight of our guest. The roasted chicken & veggies was spot on and the veal cacciatore was tender with a beautful simmered tomato sauce. Chris has many times embellished on a menu staple upon request. We hope you give it a try!!!!

5  Thank Linda B

Reviewed February 28, 2013

A great Italian restaurant
In a poor location
Find it. try it. love it
Very friendly
great food!!!! And drink!!!!!!

6  Thank HopeYouDontSuck
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I consider ourselves "foodies" when it comes to Italian cuisine. We love Italian and living by the Hill in St. Louis and having dear friends own 2 Italian restaurants we know good home cooked, fresh to order Italian. We have a vacation home in North Port and visited this place 3 times on the last trip, alone, with my sister and with her family. Wait staff was very helpful and you do wait for the food because they do make it to order. Their is no way their dish with the Gorgonzola cheese sauce is canned or frozen..........I could tell the difference. The meat sauce is wonderful and their meatballs are large with very little fillers. The Italian sausage is some of the best. They made a special dish for my nephew, who is autistic, and the fried shrimp was good. They don't have steak on the menu which is a downside when bringing people who don't want Italian but everyone else does. Many unusual dishes to choose from. My brother-in-law got the shrimp parmigiana and it was wonderful. All in all we have tried 10 different dishes and they are very good. Soup and salad is very good- the minestrone was homemade and delicious. This is a great place for the city and for the reader who said it was Canned Italian - he just had a bad day, wanted to write a bad review because this is Outstanding Italian food and rivals anything found on the Italian Hill in St. Louis

8  Thank susiejc
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This fine little restaurant may be bit out of town (across Hwy 41 from Warm Mineral Springs in Northport) but the drive is WELL worth it! The broad menu of wonderful items, well prepared and beatifully presented, will satisfy any palette. From their opening salvo of Hot Bread and Lava Sauce (YUM!) through the Appetizers (Bruschetta, Mussels, Fried Calamari...all GREAT!), onto the long list of Entrees (Chicken Parm, Veal Marsala and Shrimps alla Vodka are favorites) to the Tiramasu...Can you tell we're regulars??? Nicole, Chris and their staff do a SUPER job!
Try it. You'll LOVE it!!!

5  Thank Rick B
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I dined at this restaurant last February, shortly before returning up north for the summer months. I couldn't wait to go back to it upon my return, and now that I am a permanent resident of the area - I will be back many times.The owners and staff are so friendly and make you feel welcome to their 'home away from home". The food was once again spectacular, and everyone in our group raved about their choices. The service was great, and the waitresses had a natural way of making you feel important to them. I was very happy to see it a little busier this time, as I don't think word about this fabulous find had gotten out when I first visited. It is a little hard to find, located in a strip mall, with it's front not facing the road, but it is worth looking for!

4  Thank LKOWI