“fantastic”

Cuisines: Healthy
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cafe-Evergreen/173848212033
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cafe-Evergreen/173848212033
Reviewed July 2, 2014

What a fabulous lunch! The roasted cauliflower was delicious and the grilled eggplant wrap was delightful. All of the staff were friendly and the restaurant itself was charming.. cannot wait to return. So healthy yet so delectable!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Love this New Little Healthy Café in Nokomis! Healthy Food. Lovely little Cafe. Really nice ambiance. The Edamame was seasoned perfectly. Sauteed Kale was tasty. Napa Cabbage Slaw was crisp and flavorful. The Grilled Eggplant Wrap with hummus and roasted red peppers was very good, but a tad too much cumin for my taste. And of course the Borscht Soup was perfect! Music was a little loud, but as soon as we asked to lower, they did immediately. In the back outside the cafe is a wonderful little organic farmers market. The staff was so nice.... I am excited to go back to try their breakfast and dinner and I will let you know how it is.

1  Thank Pat A
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Unfortunately now closed due to the stupidity of our city commissioners forcing the closure of the Warm Mineral Springs spa where the cafe was located. The owners have already secured a new location in Nokomis and plan to reopen in August or September. I plan to be a frequent visitor when they reopen as they are planning to add a juice bar and organic produce stand to the cafe.

When they were at the WMS location, my favorite dishes were the pesto wrap and the borsch. I never thought I would like borsch until I had Cafe Evergreen's take on it. It's sort of like a vegetable soup that has a beet based broth instead of a beef/tomato based broth. With nice chunks of various vegetables, it is quite delicious. The pesto wrap has nice chunks of grilled chicken, fresh veggies, and a good pesto-ranch sauce on it. Add the optional sweet potato fries to it and I'm a happy camper.

They did have some quite delightful desserts including a cranberry-pecan pie and a flourless chocolate cake that was to die for.

I can honestly say I never had anything that I didn't care for there.

Here's to hoping that Cafe Evergreen reopened soon at it's new location and is better than ever!

2  Thank Tom S
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Many different tasty and healthy menu itmes to choose from. Good place to get ideas to incorporate into your own menu planning at home.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I enjoyed the food, menu and kind attentive staff. All natural/organic, delicious salad. Great selection of teas.