“You'll feel better because everyone else there thinks it works.”

Warm Mineral Springs
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in North Port
More attraction details
Owner description: At a temperature of 87 degrees, Warm Mineral Springs contains 9 million gallons of fresh water which replenishes itself every two hours. This natural resource is comprised of 51 minerals, which is the highest mineral content of any natural spring in the United States. The spring has been added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places partly because it is one of the most important underwater archeological sites in America. During exploratory dives in the 1950s, the remains of a prehistoric hunter and seven other humans were discovered in a very well preserved state. Similarly, evidence of several creatures have been extracted from the spring, including saber tooth tigers, giant sloths, tortoises, and even camels. Today, with a goal of increased wellness for everyone, Warm Mineral Springs offers a natural experience to residents and visitors alike who want to soak in the warm waters.
Amherst, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“You'll feel better because everyone else there thinks it works.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I remember reading about the spring as a child due to the artifacts found in its depths. However, as I arrived it wasn't an archeological interest that grabbed me it was all the old people trying to feel better. As you entered the smelly water ( it is a mineral spring) you begin to walk in a circle around the sink hole with the (old people) trying to feel better. You'll notice that they are all smiling and chatting in Russian, Chech and Polish English is not the norm. It's something to experience it's warm and social I felt better when I left, I stunk but I felt better. I skipped yoga, at 51 I was probably one of the youngest there I didn't want to get shown up.
If you stay at Mineral Springs Motel you get a discount, I highly recommend it for the experience.

• Polish first
San Angelo, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Closes at 5!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We arrived around 4:00 p.m. - no hours were listed and the attendant didn't mention that they were closing in an hour. $20 seems like a lot - changing room/shower facilities not very nice and no privacy. Also there are no lockers. We did have a nice meal at the cafe and then went down to the water. We had been in only about 15 minutes when we noticed that a lot of people were leaving. We figured they were older folks who'd been there awhile and didn't really think anything of it. At 4:45 a girl came over the p.a. system and announced that ALL facilities were closing and that everyone had to get out of the water NOW. We felt ripped off...had we known it was closing we'd have come back another day. Water was not very warm compared to other springs we've visited. We won't be back.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank bayleaf5
Englewood, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Soothing to the senses”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have lived within a short drive from Warm Mineral Springs for years but have never been inside. My recent first visit was to take a friend for a day of relaxation on her birthday. Sarasota County residents (which we are) get $5 off the $20 admission. The grounds are just captivating with lots of old oaks & palm trees. The facility itself shows it's age but it is charming with lots of vintage old Florida appeal! After we paid our admission we continued through the building that housed the day spa, gift shop, & organic cafe to the end of the sidewalk that opened up to the spring area. The big blue round shaped spring was about as wide as a football field. The spring is surrounded by more shady oaks & palms and nicely kept green grass. The are pvc adirondak chairs everywhere for your use. We pulled a few under a shady tree and set up camp. Entering the spring on 1 of the 4 ramps with our noodles as floatation devices we joined the outer circle of water walkers and floaters following the springs clock-wise current. The water smelled like spring water with a wiff of sulphur. The water wasn't super clear and did have some algae floating. There were also small fish, turtles, and birds. That's what made the day such a wonderful experience. I came for the spring water and it was wonderful.

We left the outside of the circle traffic and swam to the middle where the depth is 225' and the 3 springs that feed the big blue hole converge. The water was clean & refreshing. Everyone at the spa that we met - lifeguards, servers in the cafe, & fellow floaters were all super nice. The people-watching is unsurpassed. Great place to while away a peaceful relaxing day.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank AntKaybe
arverne
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Peaceful”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Warm Mineral Springs is a peaceful place to visit.The restaurant is delicious and the classes they have are a good way to burn some calories.You can spend the whole day there floating in the water or relaxing under a tree.

Visited September 2012
North Port, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“First Experience Not Great!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The day I visited, was a "Free Day" with a lot of people in the water which stirred up all the sand,etc. It was impossible to swim or float because most of the Europeans only walk clockwise. I was expecting clear water to swim in, but that wasn't the case. I was glad it was a "Free Day" because I thought $20 was a little high considering where it is located.

3 Thank RitaJ2012