“Good food, OK service”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good food, OK service”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We found this restaurant as we were driving south on US 41. Decided to give it a try. The service was slow but the food was very good. Started with a small dinner salad which was very cold and good. We both ordered the fried chicken...it was about the best restaurant chicken I've ever had. Not at all greasy but very tasty. We would go back if we were in the area again.

• Visited February 2014

new london, nh
“a lucky find on a lousy strip of road”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We tried to get in to Bob Evans, but there was a long wait at two, and so we drove on, spotted cars in front of this place, and thought, why not try it out...and it was delightful. The food was very fresh, served promptly, and was accompanied by great service. I like Grouper, and they had it on the menu at a reasonable cost, and there was ample salad as well. We will go back, and have told our friends in Fort Myers it is worth the trip.

Visited January 2014
North Port, Florida
“So-so”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My family and I have been here a couple of times. Each time we go we say "maybe it'll be better this time". Well three times and we're done. The service is slow, the meals are nothing to write home about and the prices are not a very good value. We tried to keep an open mind but I don't think we'll be returning.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cathie R
North Port, Florida
“Family Table Rest.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food there is very good.The service is good also.I love the home made soup and sweet bread.The fish is very good!

• Visited December 2013
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
“Mass produced fare”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband's family likes this place because it is open on holidays and can accommodate large groups. We have had extended family holiday meals there as the price is reasonable and they can accommodate a large group of people. We usually order off the holiday menu which has about 5 or 6 entree choices. I have had the turkey, which is generally OK, with lots of mashed potatoes and stuffing, with a side of canned string beans and gravy that is a strange yellowish color, and looks like it comes from a can. It tasted more like cafeteria style food. My husband had the grouper, but said it tasted bland and had way too much stuffing. I did have the soup which was chicken and it tasted homemade, so I enjoyed it, more than the turkey dinner.

• Visited December 2013