“A fun Caribbean dining experience!”

Hog Snappers Shack and Sushi North Palm Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Jupiter, Florida
“A fun Caribbean dining experience!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We visited this restaurant on a Sunday evening. The food was very good and not the same fare that you get everywhere else. It's not a chain and it has a unique charm and atmosphere with the constant playing of a Reggae Music. They have a Live Band on Fri, Sat, and Sun nights. We started with the "U Gotta Try This" appetizer, which was like the most amazing Nachos except on A bed of Plantains. I had their signature dish of Crab Crusted Snapper, and ordered it with a different set of sides(Coconut Rice and seasonal Vegetables). My wife ordered the Tequesta Seafood Feast, which has everything imaginable in it(crab legs, lobster, clams, mussels, shrimp, scallops, and more). They were delicious and portions were very generous. I had the Coconut Cream Pie for Dessert and it was amazing. They only serve Beer and Wine. On this night, our service was friendly and courteous, and a little slow, but because the music was so enjoyable and laid back it didn't really bother us. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Paris, France
“Pecan pie heaven”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I'm a pecan pie maniac and this is a fabulous one in Palm Beach.
The burger was amazing as well, tasty well seasoned meat and since I visited on a weekend, there was a Reggae band.
So it's not the place to go if you want to have an intense conversation because the band is loud but it's a cool place for dinner with friends if you happen to be a Bob Marley fan.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Hog Wild for Hog Snappers!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We went to Hog Snappers on a Thursday night with 7 people. We waited about 20 minutes for a table so we sat outside with a couple bottles of wine.
When we were seated our server came over and introduced herself. Tara was wonderful! I had the crab appetizer which I shared (big portion) for $9. For main course, I had the crab crusted snapper which is the signature dish. The portion was huge (I took half home) and at $27 the most expensive thing on the menu. The Tequesta feast was huge and full of shellfish. The Paella was delicious! Everyone left full and happy.
I recommend going early if you have a large party.
Only drawback for us was only beer and wine. Would have loved a cocktail to kick it off.

1 Thank Emma H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing ”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This place is a must. The atmosphere is awesome and the food is great. Best fish tacos I've ever had. Can't wait to come back. Plus they have a few local brews including Due South.

florida
“You won't leave hungry”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Just as good as it's Tequesta namesake.
The portions are very generous, the tariff is gentle considering the amount and quality of the food.
The menu offers many choices, despite its name ( after a local fish here in Florida) they have a complete sushi menu, as good as any local Japanese restaurants.
The service and servers are very good, while you are eating what you ordered you observe the many dishes on their way to another table and wish that you ordered " what they are having"
Diners envy? It's good, go.

1 Thank tuscany1943