Hog Snappers Shack and Sushi North Palm Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I have dined at this restaurant 3 times over the last month. I have tried the snapper sandwich, the swordfish sandwich and the avocado salad.

What I liked:
-Food has been very tasty
-Portions are more than adequate
-Dishes are prepared fresh
-Staff are polite
-It's not a chain restaurant

What I don't care for:
-Two of the three times that I dined, I noticed that my clothes smelled fishy when I got back to work. I did not notice a fishy smell on the last visit, so hopefully the ventilation issue has been resolved.

Not a real gripe but just so that you are aware...good does not come out quickly as everything is prepared at time of ordering. So if you are on a tight schedule, you should call in your order.

Will I return? Yes

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Finally open in North Palm Beach! Hog Snappers food is top notch! With fresh fish all around. I had the fish sandwich with sweet potato fries. The fries may be the best in Palm Beach County, crispy and packed with flavor. The sandwich was great, with a nice piece of grouper. We also had the Sashimi and it was fresh! The place only has beer and wine and it can get busy. Would I go back, yes! Have I been back yes. Waitstaff was help[ full but you can tell they are still getting the kinks out.

1  Thank gtrain_9
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Go with a hearty appetite because the portions are tremendous! Tropical décor and imaginative menu make for a great evening. Conch chowder was tasty and portion (cup) was enough to share with other 3 diners! Tuna Salsa was awesome with just the right kick of hot and sweet. The Sonyamander Roll topped with conch salad was super. I suggest everyone order something different and then share. Only wine and beer are available. Service was efficient, even on a busy night. It's mandatory valet park if you pull into their lot so if you don't wish to do that, I'm sure you could park next door and walk over.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

While visiting in the area a friend said they had just opened up near her and suggested we try it out. I was sceptical because it had only been opened a week. The service was still good and it was packed that night. I had the crab cakes from the appetizer menu. I know crab cakes and these had large lump crab and very little breading...excellent Everyone had something different and all agreed it was very good.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I enjoyed the original Hog Snappers in Tequesta but it became too popular (justifiably so) and I don't like waiting a long time for a table - or dining at 5 pm - so I stopped going. I was thrilled to hear that Hog Snappers has opened a second location in the former Mondo's in North Palm Beach. My wife and I went on a Friday night at 6 pm which was a good thing, because we were told the place gets busy very quickly. I had a Caesar salad and the Killer Shrimp with Pasta and my wife had Crab Cakes and Steamers. Everything was delicious and it's clear that the chef has a flair for making everything flavorful. Kudos also for the Caesar salad. It's so hard to find a decent Caesar these days; usually you get bottled dressing that tries to taste Caesar-y but fails. Hog Snappers' Caesar was good and garlicky and the lettuce very fresh. We also enjoyed the reggae music - recorded tunes until 7 pm when a live band starts playing.