“Eat somewhere else”

Got a photo?
Add it.
New York Bar and Grill
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We went there on a Wednesday night. The food was terrible. Cold and soggy fried Cod fish. Which I still can't figure out. I thought the menu stated cole slaw came with the dinner - but, who knows. We never saw it. I don't know how a place can screw up ice tea but it tasted strange - made me wonder if the glass was dirty. We had to eat at the bar because the tables were full - unfortunately, We had to ask the bartender for everything - forks, knives, catsup and sugar. She was not interested waiting on us

We had heard about the Wednesday night band and we really liked what they played. But the vocals were muffled unless you were right on the dance floor.

So I would tell people to eat elsewhere! And only go there for the dancing and drinking (from a bottle).

1  Thank Kuhoots
Joanne NYBG O, Owner at New York Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

As of June 2014 , New York Bar and Grill has changed Ownership, Management, and retained the Best of the Staff..... With some New Additions...
I, as the New Owner, have Revamped this Establishment. We are offering Live Entertainment, Great Food, and Dancing.......... Sept. 7th starts featuring Sun and Mon Football.... Happy Hour 4-8 everyday!!! Come Visit and see for yourself.

Joanne : )

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Our first and last visit here ended with a police report. We are older and went there for 1 drink since we heard they had dancing, after a nice dinner elsewhere. It was Saturday night at 10:30 p.m. This place was disgusting.Three of us sat at the bar, the music was not to our liking, my husband being hard of hearing, said to my sister and I "the DJ sucks!" the bartender overheard and took my husbands first and only bottle of beer from him after a couple sips. We were shocked, then a large man came and grabbed his shoulder, my husband stood up to see what he needed and the guy (bouncer) began to shove my husband in the chest forcing him to walk backward and almost fall. He continued it right to the door, my sister and I left in disbelief. We called up there for an explanation and the name of the bouncer for a police report, they refused. We went the next day to talk to the owner who was unapologetic, nasty and basically said he didn't care if he lost more patrons and would not give us a name. We wanted an apology for the unprovoked attack from his employee and the cost of the beers we had not drank but he refused and slammed the door. We went and filed a police report. We have never been treated like this anywhere at anytime. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE EVER!!!! This place should be closed down.

1  Thank Kathie A
Reviewed November 9, 2013

If this is the case then maybe you will want to go here! The music is good but unfortunately you have to put up with guys that have been overserved and overaged and do not know how to control their lobido! I would avoid this 20 year old establishment that is just not up to todays standards!

5  Thank JohnBiscotti