“Excellant service & pretty good food”
Review of Panama Hattie's - CLOSED

Panama Hattie's
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PGA Blvd.
Description: You need to experience this place at least once in your lifetime. You pull up to an unassuming PINK building, Panama Hattie's, somewhere during your first beverage and the homemade bread and whipped sweet butter you realize, I'm on vacation. After dinner you jump on a moonlight water cruise just to feel the salty wind in your hair and the good vibes in your belly from dinner. You pass by the Rum Bar's tiki torches and bonfires and it them hits you, this place is part of Panama Hattie's as well! Wow. This place is like Mary Poppins's bag! Your not in Kansas anymore, you are at Panama Hattie's and the Rum Bar, and I don't think you want to leave anytime soon. Enjoy.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Wife & I ate there the night of a 4 night stay in Palm beach Shores. Got there a little before the dinner crowd so it was maybe 25% full when we sat down. By the time we left it was probably 75-80% full. As a result we had excellant service. Almost like having a semi private waiter. I had a seafood platter and my wife had grouper. Both were very good. We also shared an order of conch fritters which were good but not as good as the entrees. They are right on the water and we ate semi-outside on their covered porch. The weather was just right to sit outside. Would gladly go back nect time we are in the area and I recommend it to anyone who wants a little bit of beach atmosphere without the typical high beach prices.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have been to Panama Hattie's several times. We preferred the menu before it was changed last year, but we were able to make some substitutions to the current menu. The view is great of the inter coastal waterway if one is lucky enough to get a table outside. Service is good and the servers have all been very friendly. We go back regularly!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Visited Panamas in a party of 5 having passed by regularly. I was a little put off by some of the reviews so had not rushed to visit previously.

We were served promptly as the restaurant was not busy and we were given options on where we wanted to sit. We chose to sit by the water for the views - perhaps not the best idea because of the mosquitoes in the evening !

Our server was a very pleasant young lady who had just returned to work after having a baby (we only got on to this subject as our baby Son was with us). I only mention this in case the management read this and it is nice to mention good service (don't remember her Name unfortunately). However, she was friendly and attentive without being intrusive.

The wine list was reasonably priced and there was plenty of choice on the menu. I would say the food was okay - not particularly great but not awful either and the prices were average for seafood. Two of the party went on the free boat cruise (they tipped the captain of the boat) and they recommended this.

Would also recommend the cocktails at the bar !

I'm not sure I would rush back but still a pleasant visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

It was raining like a monsoon when we arrived but the host asked if we wanted to sit "outside". Great idea! It was like sitting on a partially covered porch. We were able to look over the rail and see the sheep's head fish swimming by and never got a drop of rain on us. I had never had a Cuban Sandwich (grilled and made with ham, pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard and Cuban bread), so I decided to try it. I am so glad I did as it was absolutely delicious! My guest ordered the Corona Crunch which was a take on fish and chips. The fish was grouper and my guest said it was a bit greasy for his taste. I tried it and absolutely loved it (I don't like dry fish, but he does). The sweet tea was sweet and delicious as well and our server (Vasi?) was wonderful! Can't wait to eat there again!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

They had a great $8.00 lunchbox special which we really enjoyed. Several different choices and sat right on the water by the bridge. Slow season so no other diners and their water taxi was out of commission but the food was very good. My only conplaint was that the sea salt chips were way too spicy as were the fries with Old Bay, but I just don't like really spicy stuff.