“Thumbs Up”

La Bamba Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: La Bamba Mexican & Spanish Restaurants tell the story of the American Dream. In the early 1980's, the Molina Family humbly came from El Salvador to the United States with the dream of making a future for the family. In 1988 the hard work, diligence and dedication paid off as the first restaurant seating 58 people opened in Inverrary, Lauderhill employing most of the 12 brothers and sisters of the Molina Family. Today the Restaurant has 5 locations, (Plantation, Margate, Fort Lauderdale, Delray Beach and North Palm Beach) the largest of which seats 224 people having one brother in the kitchen and one sibling in the dining room of each location.
west palm
“Thumbs Up”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I've only dined at La Bamba for lunch.

What I like:
Food is pretty tasty and portions are large.
Servers are prompt and courteous.
Restaurant is large, not crowded and is clean.
The lunch specials are reasonably priced and include a soda.

What I don't care for:
The lunch special does not allow for a refill of your soda.
I've tried many items on the lunch menu but the steak (skirt steak I think I don't recall specifically) was not tasty as it was a bit tasteless. I would not recommend that dish

Will I return? Absolutely

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disappointing !”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and was looking forward to a great meal at this restaurant as I love Mexican food - unfortunately this was not what was served to us !

We arrived at 6pm on a Saturday night and the restaurant was already busy but we were seated without any delay. Complimentary crispy tortillas and salsa were served. Our server arrived immediately before we had a chance to peruse the menu/drinks (a particular dislike of mine !). However, the drinks arrived and our order of Crab Chimichangas and Chicken Burro was placed. The food arrived quickly and this is the only positive I can find. The Crab Chimichanga was stuffed with crab (though it didn't taste fresh). It was not what was detailed on the menu as it was missing ranchero sauce and it was not crispy as a Chimichanga should be. The Burro was tasteless. Both plates were served with a bland refried beans paste and rice - full plates but pointless if you are not enjoying the food !

The food is not expensive and the drinks were nice but I would not go back to eat.

I hate leaving bad reviews but given this restaurant is rated so highly, I do feel that I have to share my bad experience.

• Visited September 2012
“Mediocre...”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Food was mediocre...actually, the presentation of the food in the TOGO box was unpleasant and the food was below average. I did not enjoy it. If you are looking for authentic Mexican food, this is not the place.

Florida
“Trip advisor wins again!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Just in town for tonight and looking for a good place to eat. This was waaaay better than good! More food then we could eat and tasted great. Being from California I am always picky about Mexican food but this was great. Fast friendly service made it that much better. I just wish they had one near us on the west coast of Florida.

Little Rock
“You won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Food was great. We had Carnitas, chicken fajitas, and shrimp scampi. The carnitas were simply amazing! Chicken fajitas was good. Scampi was very good. The plantains were awesome. Cheese dip is the yellow type. Recommend!