“Mediocre and Overpriced”

Divino Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family Italian Restaurant, first generation in Usa in businesses since 2001
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stopped in at 5:30 on a Saturday without a reservation. They took us on condition we would not linger which was fine with us. Service was attentive and fine. For $9.50 I had a salad of a few pieces of lettuce and a few tiny grape tomatoes cut in half. A total rip-off. I had the lasagna "special" which had overcooked noodles which had been put under a broiler and burnt at the edges in a perfectly ordinary tomato sauce which could have come from a can. My wife had a "meat pasta" special which was a plate of pasta with a sausage, a meat ball and a piece of potted beef full of fat which was really not edible. I was astounded when I got the check and the lasagna was $25.99 and the pasta was $29.99. Serves us right for not asking the price of the specials when before we ordered. At least the wine by the glass was decent and moderately priced with a good pour size. The atmosphere is dated. You can sit on the patio if you like to watch cars in the parking lot and breath exhaust fumes.
This was not our first time at this restaurant but in prior years we ate veal or fish and we remembered the food being much better. After this visit I would not return. There are much better Italian restaurants at this price level and lower and I do not like being ripped off.

1  Thank Malpractice
There are newer reviews for Divino Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed January 30, 2014

If you like Italian this is your place. Terrific branzino. Enough said.
The only reason for not giving the extra star is that there is no bar.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Divino's is excellent. Food is great. Service is superb. The only thing that isn't plus is the ambiance but it is fine. They have many home made pastas. There is always a fresh fish. There are many different veal preparations, all excellent. It's more noted nearby neighbors can't hold a candle to this place in terms of food and service and this place has none of the attitude, just friendly owners.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am actually from Italy and have been living here in Palm Beach County for many years. We went to Divino for dinner and I must say that the overall experience was quite disappointing. The location is not the most glamorous to begin with, but that could be overlooked. The food is really not bad for an italian eatery in this area, though the service is below average and there is no atmosphere. We had dinner inside, but the outdoor patio is overlooking a parking lot in an anonymus plaza. The lasagna with bolognese sauce is good but overpriced at $25.99! The Pompano fillet is fresh and also pretty tasty but the price at $37.00 is a clearly a joke. You can have a better meal in any fancy restaurant in Manhattan or South Beach for these prices. Overall it was a very negative experience and I would not recommend this place to anyone.
There are other italian restaurants in the area that offer the same food at much more honest prices and with a more friendly staff.

3  Thank Fred66250
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We used to be frequent flyers at The Original Pancake House... Drove by last night and saw its now Italian so we stopped in for dinner. The staff were very welcoming. They have a full bar so husband and I started with a martini ... The server brought the shakers table side and poured a beautiful, well iced cocktail into a chilled glass. A small plate of bruschetta followed, perfectly seasoned diced tomatoes on a crisp piece of toast. I started with a fresh Arugala salad that was dressed in a tangy lemon vinagarette with cherry tomatoes. It was simplistically wonderful! Husband had the caprese salad, very fresh buratta cheese with a creamy milky taste balanced with ripe tomatoes and fresh basil. The eggplant Parmesan melted in your mouth! We brought our 11 and 12 year olds who had gnocchi and spaghetti and cleaned their plates. The staff are right off the Italian boat and were very professional and friendly even when one of the kids accidentally spilled a glass of water all over the floor :(. Will definitely make this one of my regular stops! Don't let the outside patio area scare you away.. It really is very nice inside.