“AVOID”

Dockside Sea Grille
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dockside Sea Grille serves the freshest seafood in Lake Park, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and North Palm Beach. Whether it be Maryland crabcakes, a Maine Lobster Roll, or the fresh catch of the day, Dockside can fill all your seafood needs.At Dockside Sea Grille, we've poured our heart and soul creating a small locally owned business that takes pride in creative, uniqely crafted seafood filled with outside the box ideas. We aren't Applebee's, TGI Fridays, Olive Garden or any type of corporate restaurant and we certainly don't do things by the book. We love to acknowledge our customers, getting to know more about them, their favorite drinks, and menu items. Dockside is a hole in the wall local Lake Park, West Palm Beach, and North Palm Beach restaurant and we love our customers, friends, and family that we get to share it with. We hope to see you soon! So stop in and enjoy great food and drink while dining outside on the water under the thatched tiki roof. You'll feel like you walked into paradise! Please visit us at docksideseagrille.com
Albany, New York
“AVOID”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have no idea how anyone could rate this establishment anything but a one star. First it is filthy. The windows and doors haven't been cleaned in years. I can only imagine what the kitchen looks like. When you enter it's a very dark narrow room. You are lead to the back area overlooking a small lagoon. The deck area is also dirty the tables and chairs are old and rusty. The silverware was dirty.
There were three in our party. The lobster roll had virtually no lobster in it. The steak sandwich was small and lacked any flavor. Lastly I ordered a bowl of soup and salad thinking that might be safe. I asked for the soup first. After about 25 minutes all the food arrived with an apology re the soup not being brought out first. The soup must have sat somewhere and was cold.
When we left I checked another room in this establishment it contained the buffet area. OMG I wont go into details other then to say STAY AWAY.

Fairborn, Ohio, United States
“Dinner was Terrible, we had to go to McDonald's on the way home”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We are visiting family who live in the area and decided to try Dockside. Our waitress was terrible and surly. She did not know what was on the menu and appeared to be intoxicated. She could not get the orders straight and knocked a glass of water on one of the guests at our table when serving. Two people in the group ordered crab legs. One order, which was supposed to be half pound, had only one leg on the plate along with a small, maybe inch long stray piece, which was an empty shell..no crab in it. The other plate only had two legs and was supposed to one pound. The crab legs and sides were cold. The sides, which was roasted potatoes, was cold and hard. They were undercooked. When we complained about the sides, we were told that is how they are cooked. They argued with us, didn't offer to cook them longer or even heat the food. The food was very overpriced for the quality and I believe they are not serving the full portions of crab legs. We paid $30 for litterally one cold crab leg and cold potatoes.

My Mahi sandwich was decent, but not great and came with a side of the roasted potatoes, which were, once again, cold and undercooked. Another person in our party ordered crab cakes. There were two quarter sized cakes, which they said were tasteless, greasy and cold and the side was inedible.

Like I said before, the waitress was terrible. No one received refills on their drinks (except for the one drink the waitress spilled on us). When we received the check, an 18% gratuity was added to the bill. We only had 5 people at our table...four adults and a high school kid. Kind of a normal sized group. We asked about the gratuity policy and no one could give us a straight answer. One waiter said he didn't know why it was added...another stated it was based on the total price of the bill. The people inside could not tell us why it was added either. I will tell you why it was added...because our terrible waitress wanted to make sure she received a good tip. I believe that is the only way she gets tips. We went inside to complain, however, we were told to get over it and just not come back.

I can guarantee it......I will not be back. We feel we were cheated out of the $167 that the meal cost us. I only hope that I am saving someone else the pain of wasting their money at this establishment. We left the restaurant and went through the McDonald's drive thru down the road because my son only had one crab leg on his plate. He was starved. All of the positive reviews on here must be from relatives and employees, because this place is terrible.

2 Thank Vickie B
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Great little hide away, Key West type place.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been going there for several years, we enjoy the Tikki look out back, early bird specials are always great, the 4 dollar martinin's are the best, service is very good, we enjoy going on Saturday's and Sunday when Chef Linda is there, she is the best. Come and try it out:)

Lake Worth
“Keep driving, fast food is better.”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I went there with a group (10) of us on a Saturday afternoon, the restaurants was empty. We sat down and waited over an hour for our lunch. I ordered the fish and chips, the fish which was cod had absolutely no taste and the French fries had been fried so many times there was nothing in the middle. Im shocked that they would even serve such food. I'm thinking that the kitchen must be very dark and he was unable to see what he was serving. The presentation is wonderful but that's about the only nice thing I can say. I did mention to the waitress when she asked how my food was I told her it was disgusting. I would never go back there.

1 Thank AlisonBlack65
Tampa, Florida
“Yuck”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Drove past Dockside and parking lot was not very busy so we headed inside. 0 people in bar, 4 tables of diners outside. 2 tables were already eating. We were seated right away. Server was crass, took our order and disappeared. 45 minutes later we got our dinners. No explanation, just delivered the plates and walked away. A refill on my diet coke would hav been nice. Steak and fish were so-so, potatoes were ok but sides(some sort of cabbage and what apparently was supposed to be zucchini) were not edible. Horrific waste of time. If neighboring restaurants are packed and another is empty..it is empty for a reason.

• Visited May 2013