My wife and I had to go to south Florida on very short notice and we booked the Monaco because it was the only Hotel I called where a person actually picked up the phone instead of a message machine. I already knew about the Monaco from staying in Sunny Isles as a child, when it had dozens of small hotels. Only 5 of these are left, and one of them (Ocean Palm) is scheduled for demolition. They have been replaced by giant, expensive, characterless condos, and the contrast could not be greater. The 2 story Monaco now sits next to a 50 story (!) tower. The Monaco has two types of guests: people in their 70s who have probably been going there for decades, who sit in the lobby and play cards or lounge by the pool, and younger guests like me who can appreciate the hotel's character and service. If you like a hotel that was built in the 50s, has a lobby and room that look their age, and gives you a safe, affordable, authentic 1950s style Florida experience, you will love it. If you don't, you will whine about it as some other reviewers have done. The Monaco does have a few problems: the cable TV didn't get channels 3-7 clearly, our door creaked when opened, the bar and restaurant were both closed for remodeling when we were there, the walls were thin enough to hear neighbors talking and the parking lot is tiny (most was sold off to the giant condo). They do have a very efficient system of double parking the cars and leaving keys at the front desk to best use the few spaces remaining. Luckily most of the older guests don't drive. And like most Florida hotels it has no heat, which was tricky when it got down to 43 degrees one night, the coldest it had been in south Florida in 2 years. We kept our pajamas on that night and we were fine. So none of these problems interfered with our stay. The room was cozy and we slept very well, the guests and staff were friendly, we loved the pool and beach, and had a great time there. Make sure to get a poolside or oceanview room, though (which is most of them); the rest look at an empty lot next door where another tower is sure to be going up soon.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Travelodge Monaco N Miami and Sunny Isles Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Monaco/n Miami/Sunny Isles Hotel North Miami Beach
- Travelodge Sunny Isles Beach
- Travelodge North Miami Beach
- Travel Lodge North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach Travelodge
- North Miami Beach Travel Lodge