This motel is a remnant of when all the properties on Sunny Isles Beach' oceanside were small 2-3 story motels with fun themes and names. So after several decades, it is quite run down but is right on the beach, and next door to high rise extrememly expensive condos and Trump-style hotels and spas. We stayed there on July 4th. I am familiar with the area so knew the deal as far as being charged for parking, access to restaurants and strip mall stores across the road, etc. The room was being cleaned as we were checking in at 3 pm (a little late to start cleaning the room!). It was clean enough. We had requested two beds but they only had a king sized bed. The pool is quite small and not really good for swimming laps. However, you are steps away from the beach, and we were able to get beach towels and spend a couple of hours in the ocean.
The motel was full with people who brought their own food and entire families. They had their motel doors open with chairs blocking the walkway outside the hotel rooms, hanging out. It reminded me of a Bronx neighborhood street in the summer. Lots of adults hanging out, kids screaming and running around the pool area, etc. I think they set off fireworks in the back because when we returned at 11 pm, we smelled chemical fireworks smell by the pool area. Between July 4 and a world cup match, it was very busy and lively and noisy - I had to sleep with earplugs (the walls are thin). Don't think there's a way to control the A/C, so hopefully you like it cold in your room. We had walk-in bathroom and shower (must have been a handicap accessible room).
If you're only staying a night, it's fine. But if you are going to stay a couple of nights, the Thunderbird right up the street (same era motel with more style), north a few blocks, has nicer facilities and a larger pool. If they had been the same price as the Monaco, we would have stayed there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Travelodge Monaco N Miami and Sunny Isles Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Monaco/n Miami/Sunny Isles Hotel North Miami Beach
- Travelodge Sunny Isles Beach
- Travelodge North Miami Beach
- Travel Lodge North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach Travel Lodge
- North Miami Beach Travelodge