“This place needs to close down. Do not stay here.”

Travelodge Monaco N Miami and Sunny Isles Beach
Detroit, Michigan
“This place needs to close down. Do not stay here.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our family with other three families stayed here on 12/22-12/23/2013. One of our group member had done reservation for us. When we go there around 4 p.m. they had to look up our reservation on printed/hand written paper. We were assigned room on second floor. No elevator for you to carry on your bags upstairs. Once we opened the room smelled like mildew and mold. We dare to lift sheets on bed. We slept without blanket because we did not wanted to see what may be under the bed. Rear part of the hotel is all shut down and ready to fall. In the morning we went to front desk to ask for breakfast. Manger gave us a coupon to eat at the place inside the motel. When we gave coupon to guy at the resturants and asked what we can have, he said two slices of bread (toasted!!), butter, jam and cup of OJ!!!

Last but not the least make sure when you ready to run away from this hell. You stop at the main counter and check out in person (they don't have automatic check out). They will give you a final bill that you need to sign. If you don't I don't know what may happen but I am sure they can charge you another day!!!

PLEASE DON'T EVEN BOOK AT THIS PLACE. I AM CALLING WHYNDAM FOR A REFUND!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank advice4familyandU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The beachfront building is already shut down. The south building is now facing a high-rise construction zone so all rooms on that side of the building are closed. Only rooms facing the pool are still in use. The breakfast was just a joke (9am to 11am, two slices of bread, coffee and juice at an adjacent pizzeria). The rate was ridiculous. I recently paid less for a similar hotel in Zurich, Switzerland. The place is very poorly maintained. I did not find any evidences of repairs or renovations. I guess they just wait until this place collapses by itself so no need to pay for demolition. On a positive side, the front-desk service was very friendly and helpful. Location was excellent. The beach was just beautiful. If you still want to stay at this motel, make sure you have a back-up plan. You may not like this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these North Miami Beach hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Disgusting hotel! Rooms are nothing like the photos you will find at any site selling rooms. The bathroom needed a good clean or completely rebuilding. The smell on entering room was foul and the carpet appeared filthy. The bedspread was so old and fusty I refused to even put my luggage on it. Even though we had prepaid three nights my husband and I left the hotel within fifteen minutes as we were unable to stand the awful room and disgusting facilities.

Room Tip: Just don't waste your money!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stagshaw64
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have stayed at many Travelodge locations on many different travels and have referred Travelodge to family and friends, however, I am utterly disappointed that Travelodge failed to meet my expectations on what was suppose to be a short trip of relaxation.Check-in was scheduled for anytime after 3pm, after arriving to the hotel at 3pm, I was told it would be a few minutes before my room would be ready, it turned out to be an additional twenty-five minutes before I was able to check into my room.  After entering my room and using the sink, the water would not drain, which would have been nice to notice before I used and spit mouthwash into the sink, I turned on the television set, to notice that every single channel came in fuzzy, and would flicker after having been on for a few minutes.  Shortly thereafter, I plugged my phone charger into the wall, only to notice that the outlet was too deep and whatever was to be plugged in would fall out.  Not a problem, I tried another outlet, and then another...finally, after trying four outlets, I was able to finally get my phone to charge, although, I had to hold it steadily in my hand, or the charger would fall out of the wall once again.

After leaving my room, and going to the cocktail bar on the hotel property, which was very heavily advertised and review sites and the main reason why I choose this Travelodge; I came to find caution tape around the entrance and sidewalk, as if it were some type of crime scene.  After booking my room and calling to confirm my reservation, no one mentioned to me that this cocktail bar was no longer open and there was remodeling throughout the hotel property.  I must say that this greatly disappointed me, as I was looking forward to taking advantage of relaxing and having a old drink at the Travelodge's cocktail bar.

After coming back to my room Friday night, after a day on the beach, I notice that the room deadbolt on the door does not properly lock.  Being a single female, traveling alone, I automatically felt a sense of being unsafe.  I went to the front desk, and was told that there were not any other rooms available and to try to "giggle the knob and push the door.". I went back to my room, attempted to do what was suggested and after three attempts, I was able to lock the door, but I most certainly was not looking forward to doing this every time I came back to the room over the next two days.

Shortly thereafter, I got into one of the two double beds, only to find blonde hair (I'm a brunette, and makeup stains on the covers, sheets, and pillow cases.  Disgusted, yet exhausted, I jumped out of the bed to try the other bed, which appeared to be clean.

The next day, I decided to use one of the lounge chairs the hotel offers to guests, to find a chain and lock on all the chairs.  I went to the front desk, only to be told that the chairs could not be used after 4:00 pm. Again, I hate to be one to complain, but after having been a Travelodge customer for white some time, I must say that I have never been so disappointed and disgusted at another hotel before.  I understand that individuals make mistakes and economic times are quite difficult, but unfortunately, due to the past experience and the failure of the staff to make the conditions better, I will be looking beyond Travelodge for upcoming vacations and places to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 248Ash
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2013

very basic hotel with placed on a great spot right on the beach ,lots of restaurants around,we had towels everyday exchanged ,wifi..everything.. if you're on budget this is the place to go ..we loved this place and we are planning to go back soon.

Room Tip: all the same I prefer with kitchenette
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank turaevalora
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Miami Beach
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Travelodge Monaco N Miami and Sunny Isles Beach? Share your experiences!