“Secret in my own neighborhood...”
Review of Trattoria Il Migliore - CLOSED

Trattoria Il Migliore
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
USA
“Secret in my own neighborhood...”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I live near here but for some reason have not been here before. The place is located in a junky strip center so that is likely why it is not more well known The food and service were amazing. I will return again soon.

• Visited October 2013

Venezuela
“one of the best secrets of Miami”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've been traveling to Miami for the past 20 years, and though the restaurant offer has improved a lot , I still find it hard to find places that serve true european food, and this place has one of the best italian cuisines in Miami, I strongly recommend the roasted hen served over a rissotto it is one of the best here. Anything you'll order is served promptly , the service is very very good and in a very intimate feel, the salmon is also a very good one.

• Visited August 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“Very good food- atmosphere not great”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We enjoyed a number of dishes including the tuna, salmon and ravioli- all were excellent. Wait staff very friendly and attentive. Prices higher than expected but in line with other area restaurants. Only negative is atmosphere- tables very close together and one room so noise level higher than was comfortable. Would go here again primarily based on quality of food which was very good.

• Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida
“Quality has suffered”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had been to this restaurant twice before. The first time (and I reviewed it here) was excellent. The second time, it was still pretty good. But it was the third time that did it for me.
They have cut down their menu considerably. There are only a few wine options (and my favorite wasn't on there anymore).
I tried to order the caprese, but they said they didn't have any (8PM saturday night), so I didn't get any other appetizers (not many options anymore anyway).
I ordered the dish I had ordered on the previous visits and it was nasty this time. It was supposed to be a mushroom pasta dish with a light sauce. It came out as basically just a couple of mushrooms cut up and put on dry pasta. No sauce to speak of. Worst yet, no flavor to speak of.
They have also cut down their portion sizes. So I had about 4 forks of pasta and 2 mushrooms. For a dish that's priced at almost $20 it really wasn't worth it.
BF ordered a spicy sausage pasta dish. It was ok. Just red sauce with cream and some sausage thrown in. But it was a whole lot better than mine.
As far as the atmosphere goes, they turned up all their lights so it's super bright now. It kind of kills the romance.
I don't know what happened to this place but I hope they go back to the quality they used to have. I won't come back here again, unless I hear someone's been there recently and they're up to par again.

• Visited September 2012
Aventura, Florida
“delicious food with a local clientel”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We live in the neighborhood and have been eating here for years. The food is delicious and it's very good value. They've recently changed the menu so you have a choice of meals that come with side dishes or grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, etc... and then choosing a side. So it can be as healthy or as fattening as you want. The chopped salad for $5 has always been a favorite of mine, along with the tuscan fries which are loaded with fresh rosemary, and fabulous pastas. The service is great. I ordered a diet coke and the waiter informed me that they serve pepsi and actually offered to run next door to the Farm Store to pick one up for me. I declined but gave him an extra special tip just for suggesting it.

• Visited March 2013