“One of those times I shouldn't have gone with the ranking......”
Review of Yakko-San

Yakko-San
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Intercostal Mall, NE 163 street to beach, trun left on NE 35 Ave, Right side is Mall, Next to old navy..
Las Vegas, Nevada
“One of those times I shouldn't have gone with the ranking......”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Aside from the extensive sake menu, the food here was a huge disappointment considering the high rating......kimchi was very soggy and had a very sour taste to it, salad and even the sushi didn't really taste fresh......very disappointing experience....won't go back considering what I spent for the dinner....even the server was rather unhelpful on recommendations so I went with the dishes I am used to....... so it wasn't like I was trying something new.... Even the atmosphere......set up like a nice date place, but more like a family casual atmosphere.... Won't go back......

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Rob P

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very Good Japanese Restaurant”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Very fresh and delicious japanese in NMB. Menu has lot of good opitions and everything I chose was delicious and fresh. Affordable dishes in a casual restaurant.

Visited January 2014
“Slow, unhelpful service. Food hit and miss.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We cane here after getting stuck in heavy traffic in our way to south beach. We were all very hungry -- including my two young children. But that didn't seem to speed things along. Our server was quick to take and bring our drink order. But then didn't return to take our order until about 15 or 20 minutes later.

My youngest daughter wanted chicken teryaki or even chicken yakatori. But they don't offer either dish. I asked if they could prepare plain grilled chicken. No was the answer. I asked if there was any chicken in a sweet sauce. I was told that the ginger chicken was sweet. It wasn't. It was dry, and spicy. Not sweet. My daughter didn't eat it and I told the waiter she didn't eat it because it was too spicy. He just ignored my comment. Didn't offer to bring anything else. And didn't take the item off the bill. My husband ordered the same dish. He only ate half of it. Said it was over cooked.

I had the grilled eggplant -- which was steamed not grilled. It was okay. Very plain. The mixed vegetables were good -- but too much green onion. The miso soup was also ruined by way too much green onion. Glad I ordered the cubed steak in BBQ sauce appetizer. That was good -- my daughter ate that for dinner (oh well -- I don't really need to eat!). At least my daughter got dinner. My other child had stir fried udon noodles - she said it was good. Fried rice was good too.

We waited a very long time for food. We were at the restaurant close to an hour before any food was served due to the long wait to order. Then the long wait for food. When the food came up it was very disorganized. I got all my food. Before anyone else got anything. Then the sushi and tempura appetizer we ordered came at the end of the meal instead of as a quick first
course.

The atmosphere is vibrant and family friendly --- although there is no kids menu and no food with sweet sauce available!!!

• Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
“Best (Affordable) Japanese in Miami”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

While the sushi is good, most come here for the small dishes. Fresh, delicious, quick, open late and affordable. This is your favorite chef's favorite place to go for a good meal after work.

Visited October 2013
Dania Beach, Florida
“Great Sushi!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have been to Yakko-San numerous times and have never been disappointed. They always carry a variety of fresh fish and they always have different signature appetizers to try. I like their monk fish liver when they have it. I am also a big fan of their uni. They are open until 3am which is different than most places and they have quality food. They used to be off Dixie Highway, however, there often was not room for everyone so they expanded into their current location.

Visited October 2013