“I really hoped to couple this review with a visit, but...”

The Ancient Spanish Monastery
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Brought from Spain and reassembled by William Randolph Hearst in 1925, this is a popular wedding spot.
Peachtree City, Georgia
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“I really hoped to couple this review with a visit, but...”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Seriously, call them before you come. Call them back when they don't pick up. Leave voicemails. Consider sky-writing. Whatever it takes.

I myself gave up after a few business-hour calls that went unanswered. Do you see where this is going? Yep - I eventually thought, it's the Friday after Christmas at 10am, I should probably be okay. I got there and found it wasn't, nor would it be okay until Monday, when I would no longer be in town (well, there could be Sunday services, but I had a conflict). I just looked from the beyond the gate and briefly cursed the institution of marriage, or at least until I remembered that I was married myself.

Considering this was truly about the only attraction in Miami that looked to be my style, I was pretty crushed but oh well. It could have been worse - imagine if I'd just driven to this place's original site in Spain to get a good look.

1 Thank ScottInPTC-GA

North Miami Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Very beautiful and amazing. I took great pictures there. Its story is amazing too because it was disassambled in Europe and rebuilt in North Miami Beach

Visited December 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Ancient Spanish Monastery”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My daughter had her wedding at this venue 3 years ago. It is one of the most beautiful spots for a wedding, and the rates are resonable. It was a magical wedding and if anyone is looking for a "garden wedding" or "a wedding in a Chapel," check out the Ancient Spanish Monastery. We held the wedding in the Prayerwell Area, cocktails in a garden area, and the reception in the Cloistures area. I am also a Certified Wedding Planner specializing in "Month of Coordination.". Check out my website: weddingsbykathleen.com.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kathy5555
North Miami Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Amazing piece of european medieval history”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place was built in Spain in the late 1400s disassembled stone by stone in the 19th century and reassembled piece by piece in the 20th century,most of the stones still have markings of templars and crusaders engraved by hand,really impressive.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Peter M
Hopewell, New Jersey
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Peaceful”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The monastery was very peaceful and beautiful. Walking through the Cloister I felt like I was back in Europe. I defiantly want to return and visit again to soak up more of the peace that swirls in the breeze under the arches.

Visited July 2013