“Never stopping here by boat again, or by car!”

Duffy's Sports Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Official Sports Grill of your favorite Florida teams.
Delray Beach, Florida
“Never stopping here by boat again, or by car!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We docked our boat with a party of ten. One of our guests had a mimosa in hand while entering the restaurant via the dock. An extremely rude manager approached him with a horrible attitude and told him he needs to get rid of his drink NOW. Are you kidding me? There is a way to go about asking a customer, who is about to sit at your establishment and eat and drink with a party of ten, to kindly throw away his drink. It was so bad that everyone in our party sat there uncomfortable, with a shocked look on their faces. It got worse. We then were seated in the horrible waiterss section. Twenty minuties to even have water poured or take a drink order, to the point where I had to leave the table and ask for a server please. Two people in our party ordered their meals without onions, onions everywhere. I even ordered a steaknand cheese, just steak and cheese please, my sandwich was smothered in onions, mushrooms.... Unedible! I had french fries for lunch. Do yourself a favor, skip this place. Really bad service, attitude, and food. Research another sports bar in the area with TVs. That is the ONLY thing this place has going for it.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Amy B
John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Amy, let me be the first to apologize for your experience. We take full responsibility for this and want to know more. We have sent you a private message and hope to hear from you at your convenience.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Great food great sports bar atmosphere”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We went early on a Friday evening, baby in towe, and had a fabulous time. Drinks were 2 for 1 (loved the rock candy stir sticks in my mojitos!) and the atmosphere was great. It wasn't so loud that our group couldn't carry on a normal decibel conversation but loud enough that no one noticed the little tyke chiming in with her loud voice. The value of the lobster special was outstanding for such a low price and they had TVs everywhere to catch all the sports action. We will definitely be going back!

• Visited August 2013
“Awesome laid back hangout”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I love to come to Duffy's. Its an awesome poolside laid back atmosphere. The lobster tacos are outrageous.

• Visited August 2013
“Seen many bars opening and closing in this location ... Scenery is beautiful .. Service ??? Depends on the shift !! On weekends ”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Been coming to Duffys in North Miami since inauguration !!! During the week the bar service is great... On the weekends oh boy... Something else!! The days that they have events big lines and extra charge... Tonight it was way over bad service!! Even tough the pool bar was empty the service was slow and servers were rude. . We were denied a table by the pool beCause the Duffys Gods advised it was going to rain!!! ( lazy servers didn't want to go to other side of pool)... We asked to have separate checks OMG... Even tough it is not on any menu they claim it was stated at door..Jesus after we had to put our own tables together we could have seated in 2 tables !!! Well it was a party of 12... Birthday ... Like I had celebrate many here before ... I live across the street and according to my Duffys card I ha spend more then a $ 1000.00 here just last year!!! You wod thi k that Javier the manager would care!!! Not!!! Sorry my money is going somewhere else... Will wait for the next owner like I always did

North Miami, Florida
“Have to ask myself.... Why do I keep going here??”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Went to Duffy's on Friday, August 2nd with two friends - sat at the bar and the service was less tha sub-par.... Gincy? was less than attentive; less than cordial; and made it seem like we were bothering her when we ordered drinks (last time I checked that is what bartenders do - serve bar)... Of course, when her friends showed up she even gave us less attention (if that is even possible) - She actually went from behind the bar to "hangout" with her friends..... leaving customers waiting and bar duties to Lindsey - who was more attentive. I had asked that two Coronas be put on ice for me as they were restocking the bar and had no cold beers... except draft.... Well, one of my beers that was on ice was removed and given to another customer... After spending almost $800 over the past 12 months at Duffy's and supposedly being a MVP - I have to question why I keep going her when so many of the bartenders seem to think of it as an inconvienence to have to actually serve customers and do so politely. I even informed manager of the poor service.... I was told it would be addressed and I would receive extra Duffy's points on my card - of course, this hasn't happened yet. Perhaps, he could have actually done something onsite to help makeup for a very poor experience.

• Visited August 2013
John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello Philip. Thank you very much for the valuable feedback. We take full responsibility for this. We have sent you a message in hopes we can learn more from you.