“Great view, indifferent food and service even worse !”

Duffy's Sports Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Official Sports Grill of your favorite Florida teams.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great view, indifferent food and service even worse !”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We visited Duffy's Sports Grill with friends who live in Miami, it was later in the evening and already dark but the view was still great.
We ordered a round of drinks and sat at a bar table to eat, the waiting staff were slow and looked bored with being there. The food took a while so we ordered a round of drinks at the table, my friends girlfriend asking for Grey Goose Vodka, some time later I ordered another round of drinks at the bar due to the waiting staff having dissappeared, I was informed it was two for one night, something we hadn't had the benefit of with the first round ! I asked for Grey Goose and was informed they didn't stock it ! I substituted it with another high end vodka that I was offered and can't recall the name of. When I got back to my table, my friends lady asked me to taste the vodka that was previously brought to the table by the waiter, it was presented as Grey Goose and it certainly wasn't ! We complained to the management and they amended the bill, but I still feel we were treated like idiots.
The food was OK, the Gents Restroom was awash with water and tissues and wasn't that clean, the venue is great and is let down by the service which is a pity as it could be a fantastic place to hang out.

• Visited May 2013
John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize. We would like to hear more about this in hopes we can learn from this. We have sent you a private message and look forward to hearing back from you.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Very POOR service and Food is Worse”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My assessment of Duffy's Sports Grill is not a pleasant one at all. Took my mom there at 4pm on a Sunday. Restaurant was moderately busy with empty tables and still the service sucked.

I had to ask my male server 3 times to bring me water. He was so lame about waiting on his other tables that 2 small children were banging their cups on the table for a refill. After 10 minutes I had to complain to the manager who had his waiter take immediate action, only because I complained.

The WORST part was the food. My mom ordered Bay scallops which were swimming in oleo about an 1/2 thick and greasy. Her side dishes of cole slaw and roasted squash was cold and burnt and unpalatable.

My food was just as bad, after waiting 45 minutes for a steak that takes 5 minutes to cook, it was well done and burnt, when I had ordered it medium.

After sending it back it took another 20 minutes for it to come out. When I did get it there was no seasoning what so ever. No salt or pepper on it and my side dishes were also cold. By this time I was too hungry to send them back.

In total, it took over 2 hours to eat there in when there were not that busy. I am so disappointed that I will NEVER eat there again, nor recommend it to a friend.

When mentioning this to the manager, who looked like he just graduated high school, he seemed to barely care and did not offer to adjust the bill.

• Visited May 2013
John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Laura, let me be the first to apologize for your experience. We take full responsibility for this and want to know more. We have sent you a private message and hope to hear from you at your convenience.
“Great! The best sport bar ever been”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Great!!!! I loved everything! The outside is a huge deck with more than 35 LCD, they have beautiful sight, great food, 2x1 all day with regular prices (not like in south beach that say 2x1 and charge you 10$ for the 2 bears), here 2 x 1 is between 4 and 6 the 2 beers, wine... GREAT PLACE TO GO!! Specially if there is an important sport event!

Montreal, Canada
“nice dinner with a very nice view”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

in April, we visited this restaurant wiht my parents. it is a great place with many plasma TVs to watch your favorite game. We had a table outside and we were able to watch the nice boats going back and forth in the canal. very good service and the food is actually quite good for a sports bar.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Good food and value”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great place
Good service
Brilliant landscape from outside seating area.
Plenty of parking