“Awesome sushi!”

Sushi House - North Miami Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 163 Road & US1
Description: As one of the community’s top casual dining restaurants, Sushi House celebrates its 4th anniversary by introducing both happy hour and late night menus. The sleek and sensually designed eatery specializing in modern sushi and Pan-Asian cuisine raises the bar on Asian-fusion fare. Dressed in chic whites and silvers offset by blue lighting, Sushi House's décor is as fashionable as its patrons. Guests are greeted with a drape of sheer curtains which hang amongst elaborate crystal chandeliers. Seating includes an expansive communal table composed of white marble and dramatically high aluminum chairs. For more intimate dining, Sushi House offers smaller tables, some nestled in private nooks. Bar seating is also available with a view. From the stylish decor to the palatable menu, Sushi House offers something for everyone from a quick bite to an evening destination.
miami beach
“Awesome sushi!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I never thought a strip mall along US-1 in North Miami Beach, would have such amazing food.
The restaurant's decor is very trendy, like a lounge from South Beach.
We ordered the Cubbie and the Dragon rolls. We also had an appetizer made of salmon. Everything was spectacular!

PROS: Great food. Great service. Nice ambience. Convenient location. Lots of parking. It is not a place designed for babies or kids. The place is dark, light with purple lights and club music.

CONS: the "club style" music can get a little loud and could be annoying.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank roamifiwant2

Aventura, Florida
“Sushi House is EXCELLENT!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have eaten at Sushi House on several occasions. Tonite, I brought my brother. We both loved the decor, the music playing in the background AND the FOOD!! We used a charitydine.com restaurant voucher, which gave us a discount. We both had their delicious soup. I enjoyed their fried rice with chicken and shrimp. Their age tofu was excellent. My brother had tofu steak--which is tasty, and,--- a healthy option. The service was very good. I will return on an on-going basis. It is a lovely restaurant with fine cuisine and a varied selection of wines, beers and mixed drinks. At night, when it becomes dark outside, the restaurant has a very romantic atmosphere. It truly IS a neighborhood GEM!!!

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great Sushi with upscale decor”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Doesn't look like much from outside (it is in a strip mall) but once you go in it is elegant. Decor is very modern with white linen curtain like thing hanging from the ceiling. We love all kinds of sushi so we ordered their big sushi boat. There were 4 of us and the boat had more than enough to feed us with leftovers to take home. Prices were in line with other sushi restaurants we have been to with far less atmosphere. Great place for groups or for romantic evening for 2. Yes I will be back.

• Visited November 2012
Fort Lauderdale
“The thing I like most about Sushi House is the ambiance.”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The thing I like most about Sushi House is the ambiance. The restaurant is located in a strip mall and although they have outdoor seating, which may be nice on a cool night, there isn't much of a view besides cars. The beauty of the restaurant is inside. Some may come in and just see white, but for me I enter into a realm of sleek, sexy and mellow. The blue lighting, crystal chandeliers, and drapes of sheer fabric set the mood. In addition to the several tables throughout the restaurant, there are also plush booths that offer a bit of privacy which makes this a great place to have an intimate dinner. The vibe is also reflected in the service. Everyone remains professional but exude chic and sophistication.

The sushi here isn't extra-ordinary, but is still very good. The Cubbie Comfort Roll is a good option, made of spicy tuna, soft shell crab, cilantro, and jalapeño pepper topped with shrimp & eel tempura, spicy mayonnaise, teriyaki and sweet wasabi sauce. It is good but the Pink Dragon comprised of shrimp tempura topped with a mixture of baked kani kama, masago, scallions and finished with a spicy sweet sauce is even better. There are also other good sushi options on the menu.

On my last visit, I decide to try the Crispy Honey Shrimp. I didn't like it. I enjoyed the tropical fruit chutney, but the sauce was way too sweet and the shrimp batter was more crunch than crisp.

The Pad Thai which I added Chicken to was pretty average but was by no means bad. I asked for it to be really spicy and they completed my request so I was happy for that.

I am usually all about the food so that is usually the main reason for me loving a particular restaurant, but the vibe here is so me that even though the food does not equal five stars, I just love it anyways!

• Visited November 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“love this place!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

this is my favorite place for sushi. great rolls.....especially the sushi house roll. order the tuna tower with extra mushrooms!!
you'd never think this place would exist in a strip mall!

• Visited May 2012