“The thing I like most about Sushi House is the ambiance.”

Sushi House - North Miami Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 163 Road & US1
Description: As one of the community’s top casual dining restaurants, Sushi House celebrates its 4th anniversary by introducing both happy hour and late night menus. The sleek and sensually designed eatery specializing in modern sushi and Pan-Asian cuisine raises the bar on Asian-fusion fare. Dressed in chic whites and silvers offset by blue lighting, Sushi House's décor is as fashionable as its patrons. Guests are greeted with a drape of sheer curtains which hang amongst elaborate crystal chandeliers. Seating includes an expansive communal table composed of white marble and dramatically high aluminum chairs. For more intimate dining, Sushi House offers smaller tables, some nestled in private nooks. Bar seating is also available with a view. From the stylish decor to the palatable menu, Sushi House offers something for everyone from a quick bite to an evening destination.
Fort Lauderdale
“The thing I like most about Sushi House is the ambiance.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

The thing I like most about Sushi House is the ambiance. The restaurant is located in a strip mall and although they have outdoor seating, which may be nice on a cool night, there isn't much of a view besides cars. The beauty of the restaurant is inside. Some may come in and just see white, but for me I enter into a realm of sleek, sexy and mellow. The blue lighting, crystal chandeliers, and drapes of sheer fabric set the mood. In addition to the several tables throughout the restaurant, there are also plush booths that offer a bit of privacy which makes this a great place to have an intimate dinner. The vibe is also reflected in the service. Everyone remains professional but exude chic and sophistication.

The sushi here isn't extra-ordinary, but is still very good. The Cubbie Comfort Roll is a good option, made of spicy tuna, soft shell crab, cilantro, and jalapeño pepper topped with shrimp & eel tempura, spicy mayonnaise, teriyaki and sweet wasabi sauce. It is good but the Pink Dragon comprised of shrimp tempura topped with a mixture of baked kani kama, masago, scallions and finished with a spicy sweet sauce is even better. There are also other good sushi options on the menu.

On my last visit, I decide to try the Crispy Honey Shrimp. I didn't like it. I enjoyed the tropical fruit chutney, but the sauce was way too sweet and the shrimp batter was more crunch than crisp.

The Pad Thai which I added Chicken to was pretty average but was by no means bad. I asked for it to be really spicy and they completed my request so I was happy for that.

I am usually all about the food so that is usually the main reason for me loving a particular restaurant, but the vibe here is so me that even though the food does not equal five stars, I just love it anyways!

• Visited November 2012

Miami Beach, Florida
“love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

this is my favorite place for sushi. great rolls.....especially the sushi house roll. order the tuna tower with extra mushrooms!!
you'd never think this place would exist in a strip mall!

• Visited May 2012
Archbald, Pennsylvania
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

The decor is what you would expect from an upscale NY restaurant. Sushi was fresh and the tuna tower appetizer was amazing. Our server, Kseni, is from Moscow Russia, speaks fluent English and knows everything about the food, ingredients and how they're prepared. We go there whenever we are in the Miami area.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Great Food, Good Decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We love this place. The crispy honey shrimp is the very best and my husband loves the pad thai. We have never had bad service here and the decor is chic. If you come early it will not be crowded but does crowd up after about 8:00. We usually make reservations even when we come early.

• Visited April 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Sushi in all white”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

If you like Asian food and modern decor-Sushi House is for you. Service is good, sushi is excellent and the atmosphere is great. White drapes and nice chandeliers add to the ambiance. Can come as a family but is also romantic enough for a couple.