“You have to try Area Code 55”
Review of Area Code 55

Area Code 55
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 163 ST
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Without a doubt the best place to eat in North Miami Beach
The food was fantastic, the service superb and the price...worth every penny!

1  Thank Kmdeibler

Reviewed March 16, 2014

For those who have allergy or sensitivity to MSG - BEWARE! I went last Thursday to celebrate a friend's birthday and felt pretty sick for 2 days after eating at Area Code 55, with the typical symptoms after ingesting a healthy serving of MSG!!! I did not eat any meat - I only ate salad, rice and some bacalhau (cod fish stew - which was rather tasteless), and 1 fried banana. On Saturday, I spoke to the owner (Joao Carvalho) who at first became defensive & denied knowingly using ANY MSG in their food. I explained to him that both myself and another friend who also came on Thursday felt sick due to MSG. We both have the same sensitivity to MSG so we are very careful what we eat and only go to reputable restaurants. The owner said he would investigate further, but did not seem to be overly concerned. We explained that we are not the only people who have this reaction, and recommended that he may want to check with the chef, especially if he wants to keep customers. The service was ok, the waiters were a bit pushy to see if we were ready to leave, even though there were plenty of tables available (we came between 2pm - 4pm). There are other churrascarias that are far better than Area Code 55!

2  Thank Alexandra B
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We couldn't get into any of the regular chain Brazilian food joints so we figured we would give this place a try. We were glad we did and I would say it was on par with any of the others and about 30% less expensive. The cheese bread was the best I have ever had. Meats were good quality and not overly salty like we run into at some of the chains. Ambiance is a bit lacking but overall it is a great choice if you are in North Miami Beach.

1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My son and I travelled great distance to Areacode 55 on Feb 8, 2014 to try the steak. We were ulshered at the table immediately. The waitress explained to us the affairs of braziian steakhouse. No sooner than we turned the indicator card to green the gaucho cowboy came with the brochette of meat and sliced them nicely into our dinning plates. Every pieces, top sirloin steak, lamp chop, roasted pineapple, beef ribs, the meat with mint on top (the best) even the chicken hearts were mouthfully delicious. The waitress and gaucho were all friendly. The waitress came several time to ask us how the food were. Needless to say they were delicious.

We ate so much we did not have to have diner that evening. We will definitely return to areacode 55 the next time we are in Miami.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The price it's fine for what you get, but if you are Brazilian and knows what's Steakhouse means when you experience the true "Brazilian Steakhouse", than you should pay a little more money and really go to a nice Brazilian Steakhouse! This restaurant needs more customer service, when the waitress knows you are about to start second round on the meat, they ask you if you want the check!? Oh please, that means you have eat enough..Get out! Brazilians expect in spending a good amount of time in a Steakhouse!

3  Thank babyfl2014