“Great Steaks Great Plcae”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 173rd
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great Steaks, Great Place for a Lovely evening with my wife. The chocolate cake is to die for… We ate half and carried the rest home for the next day. We had Morton’s steaks asparagus and Chocolate cake again for Lunch. Morton’s is one of my favorites, I think now it is my wife’s favorite as well.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

A couple of days ago I was craving a nice filet mignon, so I decided on Morton's since it is close to my house. I was by myself and was told to seat at one of the tables by the bar area. I sat down and immideatly someone came and asked if I wanted a drink, I asked for a glass of water that was brought very quickly. I guess they wanted me to order an alcoholic beverage because I was totally ignored after that. About 20mins later and tired of waiting I decided to get up from the table and sat at the counter in bar area. Again was asked this time by a female bartender if I was interested in a cocktail, I told her that I was fine with water, but a menu would be nice. I finally ordered an onion soup and the 8oz filet mignon rare I was craving, with mushrooms and sparragus (a la carte). The soup came fairly quickly, but had to wait about 30mins for the rest of my order. The stake was brought on a big plate by itself and was the smallest piece of meat I've ever seen, how can you tell the diference between a 6oz and an 8oz.?, and they forgot the rest of my order (mushrooms, sparragus). The steak wasn't just small but was well done and hard. I didn't complaint because it is not my style, I'm one of those who doesn't look at prices as long as I get quality food and good service. But aproximately $136.00 for one person, with tip; for the horrible food and service is unacceptable. I didn't complaint like I said before, but I will never go back to Morton's. For more or less the same price I highly recommend Bourbon Steak in Aventura, an amazing place with excellent meats and great sevice.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Morton's are known for lucious steaks and good service. This location meets all of that. For me, it lacks a vibe and excitement that might be expected from a Miami venue, but even so the steaks are wonderful and the service is exceptional. The final bill will be expensive no matter how much you try to order a moderate meal and wine. But for a quite, nice, quality meal, this is the place to visit.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

When you go to Morton's you expect excellent food and service...we received both. Everyone at our table got the double-cut filet and everyone raved about it. Great bread, mashed and veggies too. If you want to impress someone, take them here!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I am a Morton Fan and i will still be a Morton fan - but never again this morton north of Miami. Poor service, all to busy kitchen, wrong cooking of steaks, long, long waiting time. This was my first bad experience with morton but it was really bad. Forget North Miami, Coillins on the Beach is much better. Every chain has a week link. At Mortons it is in North Miami...