“Great atmosphere and service”

Fish Fish Restaurant Bar & Market
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 135th Street
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We always enjoy our experience at Fish Fish. The service is excellent and atmosphere casual chic. The food is fresh but a bit under salted for my taste. I always enjoy what I order but need to doctor it up. This place is pricey but sometimes I have leftovers at least. I've had the seafood fettuccine which can serve two. I had the scallops on saffron risotto which was Delish but needed salt. This last weekend I had the arugula salad with goat cheese which was a large potion of arugula and small potion of goat cheese. I also had the lobster macaroni and cheese. It had a piece of lobster on top but none within. I would have preferred finding pieces as I ate, like little treasures. They sell fresh fish whole too. Next visit I'll get the whole branzino. They offer filtered flat or sparking water at $2.00 per bottle, which easily serves 4. This is a great value

Reviewed May 12, 2014

When we walked in we said to ourselves, this place is a find! And the food was delicious, albeit pricey, which we ordinarily don't mind except for one thing: the portion sizes. For example, their signature conch chowder is $6 which is acceptable for a bowl but the serving size was a coffee cup! The featured fish was hogfish Mediterranean-style for $32 which we ordered and was delicious but it couldn't have been more than 3-4oz! for $32?!?!?!? Unfortunately, we would have put this place on our short list of restaurants we'd go back to except for the portion sizes. But at just under $150 for 2 (includes 2 drinks, tax and tip) we may go back, but not anytime soon. Also, the server while very personable and anxious to please knew almost nothing about the food on the menu. He couldn't answer the simplest questions.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Fish Fish is a very special place. Chef Oscar worked with his cousin, Chef Lupe for over 13 years at Lazy Days in Islamorada. We were excited when he opened this restaurant in a little strip mall in North Miami on Biscayne Blvd. It has become our favorite and never disappoints. The seafood is unparalleled. There is no better place in Miami where you will find this combo: fantastic food, excellent service, terrific ambiance for diners of any age, and a genuine friendliness that draws you back..again, and again. I truly hesitated to write this because once truly discovered, I am fearful we will never be able to get in again. No need to go to Wynwood, Southbeach or elsewhere if you are searching for an amazing evening out. Thanks Chef Oscar, for consistent excellence!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Had dinner at this wonderful restaurant last night, everything was delicious !!! The fish and chips, the ceviche, the crab cake, the risotto, the deconstructed grilled romaine is AWESOME ! ! Service was great ! ! !

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We enjoyed a delicious meal and the wait staff was professional! Although we didn't have it, the table next to us had this gi-normous fish with an amazing presentation. They said it was delicious!