“Fare enough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in North Miami
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fare enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I went there for spring break during my study abroad in Georgia. We drove down so we had a car which helped a lot because the location is not the best. Don't suggest going unless you have a car, nothing around there and not much public transport. There is a Wegmans grocery store and a Wall Mart close by and some restaurants and other stuff, but nothing too exciting.

But the hotel itself was good :) affordable, clean, friendly staff, free parking. The only complaint I would have was that the breakfast wasn't that great, but as students we weren't too picky.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank imwillwerth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Buffalo, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Let me preface this review by saying that this hotel wasn't expensive, but that just goes to show that you get what you pay for.

The hotel grounds/parking lot are not well-maintained. Upon arrival, that didn't bode well. The sign bulbs high up on the building are burnt out in one place, so the logo is a partial logo, and I couldn't see the name anywhere on the building. Once inside, I had to ask at the desk, "What's the name of this hotel?" to be sure I was in the right place.

The lobby is a sparse, depressing space, the elevators need to be wiped down more often, the caulk/grout in the bathroom was so dark with filth, it gave me the willies. Flip flops are a necessity. Note to management: 1) When caulking, find people who know how to caulk or who are willing to learn. 2) Get some grout cleaner and scrub the grout clean, then seal it so it stays that way.

The curtains and sheers on the windows had holes in them. The continental breakfast is held in a room with absolutely no atmosphere and looked as shabby as the rest of the hotel.

I wasn't comfortable in the neighborhood, so I didn't venture out. This hotel isn't in a locale where one walks around the neighborhood to see the sights.

On the positive side, the sheets were clean and the elevator is the fastest elevator I've been in in years; that was nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank toonybrain

Travelers are raving about these North Miami hotels

Blacksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It's unfortunate that this property sits to decay in the way that it does. It very obviously used to be a Holiday Inn before it seemingly lost it's status and is destined to rot as an ill maintained mom and pop hotel.

My poor experience begins before check in.. requested an early check in and was denied, no biggie, it's not guaranteed after all. But when I asked about holding luggage or the earliest that we could get into our room I was told that we were not to show up at the hotel until our check in time because we "did not pay to come earlier, if we wanted to check in early we should have paid for another day"..... okay... sorry for asking.. so we kill time at the mall.

Arrive at the hotel and notice the landscaping is in poor condition outside, overgrown with weeds or just a plot of mulch where landscaping used to be. The sliding doors are broken with a handwritten sign blaming the broken door on guests who went in and out too many times... really? blaming the guests.. not a great first impression. I get inside and ready to check in and get a lady struggling through the basics of the English language. Having to repeat myself two to three times and slow down my speech for her to understand. We arrive and we are informed of a slew of hidden fees... great, so now i'm paying extra for a hotel i'm already not impressed with. Extra feeds included a $10 or so fee for a room safe.. really? a room safe? (mind you the safe was not even attached to the floor.. we joked about how a thief could just walk out of the room with the safe in tow.. but really, not a joke)

So we get to the rooms and they're not even clean or maintained. Cigarette burns in the drapery and on the sheets.. pillows with stains of god knows what on them. and a non working alarm clock. The rest of the evening went on rather uneventful.. we avoided the room for anything other than the essential of a nights sleep.

In summary, don't stay here unless you enjoy the very very very bare essentials, aesthetics don't matter to you, and customer service doesn't either.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank brnslee
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This could be a nice place if someone cared. Weeds outside, green stuff growing on the outside walls where water drips, awnings filthy. Sliding door only opened half-way, elevator not clean, only one worked. Room clean but windows filthy and drapes unbelievable. A $50 security deposit was added. For what, I'll never know. If I had not prepaid, I would have left.

Sure, the place is old, but so what. If anyone cared, this could be a reallyy cute hotel, deserving "boutique" added into its name. What does it take to pull weeds, wash the slime off the walls and clean windows and awnings. Maybe this place is slated for demolition like its neighbor - a hotel now a large empty lot. It is such a good location, and that's why we picked it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dagpel
Guatemala City, Guatemala
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel is not ugly, but it is in an extremely dangerous place, I was assaulted, robbed by a guy in the same hotel reception, there is no security. And if you are in the reception which is the only place with Wifi you are in risk to loose your laptop, Will be better spend $ 10 more in other option, and not be in such a risky place which shamelessly selling drugs is in front of there, If you want to see people ho scare you, go to this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Ricardo C
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

No this hotel is not fancy or anything.....its very cheap and it worked out good for my family and I. We stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms are nice size....in the hallways it was always hot and stuffy. But no big deal cause in my room the AC worked very well. The rooms seemed pretty clean I did notice that the water is a little yellow tinted which I thought was kind of gross....the continental breakfast wasn't too fancy....they had cereal, bread, orange, apple, orange juice, milk, coffee and muffins. The beds were comfortable the TV was good. I did not use the pool so I cant really say anything about that. It has a huge parking lot across the street so if it gets filled up in front of the hotel you have to go over there. overall it wasn't too bad for what we paid. If I had to I would stay here again, since I did not have any major issues....hope this was helpful

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lar614
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

They didn't find my reservation and didn't even try to find it.
I finally got a room, which was an 'ok to bad' room. Few minutes after someone tried to enter my room because it got double assigned.
There is no wifi and no iron / iron board.

• Stayed April 2013
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens
3.5 of 5 stars 446 reviews
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 stars 999 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 820 reviews
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
New Yorker Boutique Hotel

Been to Rodeway Inn Miami? Share your experiences!