“not too bad” 4 of 5 stars

Rodeway Inn Miami
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Miami
“not too bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

No this hotel is not fancy or anything.....its very cheap and it worked out good for my family and I. We stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms are nice size....in the hallways it was always hot and stuffy. But no big deal cause in my room the AC worked very well. The rooms seemed pretty clean I did notice that the water is a little yellow tinted which I thought was kind of gross....the continental breakfast wasn't too fancy....they had cereal, bread, orange, apple, orange juice, milk, coffee and muffins. The beds were comfortable the TV was good. I did not use the pool so I cant really say anything about that. It has a huge parking lot across the street so if it gets filled up in front of the hotel you have to go over there. overall it wasn't too bad for what we paid. If I had to I would stay here again, since I did not have any major issues....hope this was helpful

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lar614

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

They didn't find my reservation and didn't even try to find it.
I finally got a room, which was an 'ok to bad' room. Few minutes after someone tried to enter my room because it got double assigned.
There is no wifi and no iron / iron board.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Alexandre C

Travelers are raving about these North Miami hotels

St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in february-march of 2013. All the time hotel was full. So when we needed to extend our stay they had no rooms available.
Its old, a little renovated hotel. Nothing fancy. I'd give 3*.
Whats good:
- price compar to quality;
- rooms not small, pretty clean, with big comfortable bed;
- location is good if u need exact this neighbourhood for ur business;
Whats bad:
- location will not be good if u r in Miami for beaches and nightlife;
- parking is always full, if u come after 7-8p.m. have to park somewhere far from hotel;
- internet suck!!! there is no internet in the rooms and in the loby signal is so weak, cannot surf;
- only about 4 tv channels work;
- there is no refrigerator, we had to use cooler;
- verrrry noisy! there are old windows, so 24 hours u hear cars from highway flyovers and music from gasstation located below the windows.
- never can get to recepcion if u need something, cuz its always huge line there and only one personn works;
- cannot extend ur stay, cuz hotel is always full.
- administrators and menagers are not nice at all, sometimes very rude.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lima, Perú
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Luckily i was able to get out of here. I booked it through Booking.com. Promised WiFi, good location and excellent rooms. First of all, WiFi only existed in the lobby. Not even wired connections on the rooms. Then the staff that received me was very rude. Since spanish is my primary language and the dependand was obviously from LatinAmerica i tried to generate empathy speaking in spanish. Of course it didn't work because apparently the girl didn't wanted to be in that job. After asking about my reservation and telling her that maybe i would have to stay only one night, she told me that the manager had to check it, that she had no idea of how much time it would take. Meanwhile, I saw two other guests suffering with her and even getting replies like "I don't know, find out by yourself". The breakfast zone looked like a ghost town. My car outside wasn't any safe either, since the parking is totally open and the neighborhood looked kinda messy. Me and my girlfriend decided to move to other hotel and didn't take the booking. After being worried for a little that they would charge my card with some kind of penalty fee... we received an email that they weren't able to verify my identity with the bank so they would cancel the reservation if I didn't make a deposit of 100 USD + pay in advance my room. As you can guess, the reservation was cancelled :).

Room Tip: Avoid by any means this hotel !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Augusto Z
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

surprise deposit of fifty due at check in. breakfast sucks wifi sucks parking not great. Clean rooms easy to find food price about twenty minute drive to south beach. Pool was not worth Leaving the room. Good value overall but you won't get any swanky decor or fabulous service.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Palmetto, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Worst hotel ever! The staff was very rude. When asked if we could have someone clean our room, the young lady showed up on her cell phone and remained on her cell phone the entire time while we waited in the hall way for her to do her job. This hotel is very old, worn and dated. No phone book was located in our room, when we asked the front desk for a phone book the young lady acted if she didn't know what we were talking about. Very poor customer service! The only good thing about this hotel is the location, near I-95.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens
3.5 of 5 stars 448 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 837 reviews
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 stars 1,018 reviews
New Yorker Boutique Hotel

Been to Rodeway Inn Miami? Share your experiences!