“Scary Neighborhood.”
Review of Rodeway Inn Miami

Rodeway Inn Miami
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in North Miami
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The place was in a weird part of town and the check in desk was a little unusual. They had a $50 charge for "damages" which was refunded the next day. The free breakfast was rolls, cereal and coffee.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ES200
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Miami

Reviewed December 16, 2011

I have read all these reviews about this hotel, about how bad it is. just negative information, but what do you expect for a hotel that $60 bucks come on , if you all want the Ritz pay the prices and stop whinning complaining. I stayed here 2 years ago , and I stayed here just last night. The lobby is very nice, the staff is nice if you treat them right, and the 7 story rooms of the hotel is not bad. Again I paid $60 plus tax what are you expecting to get in Miami for this price? This hotel should be charging more money in my opinion. The neighborhood isnt that bad, yes its close to gas station and 711 which makes getting forgotten items handy or getting water or any drinks. And another plus they have a decent breakfast included in the price, and wi fi in the hotel lobby. I think this is a excellent hotel for the price. I would definately recommend this hotel to everyone, but to those of you who are anal and will complain and have problems with everything maybe you should not be traveling in the first place save up and go spend $500 a night at the Ritz.

Room Tip: I would suggest you get the rooms away from the freeway so there will be less noise and on the highe...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Bobby N
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Calling this place "Boutique Hotel" is quite a fraud. The place is only a "hotel", 1 1/2 star at most.

Breakfast is just terrible - the breakfast cereals was placed on a bowl and covered with a linen - no signs of higyene. Selection of bread is limited to donuts only. The A/C in the breakfast area was off, and the place was quite hot even at 8 AM.

The fraud doesn't stop at the hotel name: they scam you charging US$ 2/night (plus tax) for the safe storage in your room. This is not an insurance, it is a fee if your safe needs to be opened by the technician. I tried to spoke about this fee with the manager (Caroline), but she refused to refund the fee because it was not intended for the usage of the safe, but to call the technician if you can't reopen. And they will charge you even if you are able to open the safe by yourself.

This hotel is located near the airport. This means the hotel is in a NOT SO PLEASANT area. It is safe as long as you are inside your room, door bolted up. I was afraid even to go to the breakfast room and leave my belongings in the room.

I really didn't enjoy my stay at this hotel and I hope never to return - specially because of the US$ 2 fee for the safe.

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room: Choose ANOTHER hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I had a reservation that I had at A Best Western in the area in order to be near my neighbors who had reservations at this hotel,but were sharing a ride with me. A bit pricey for what they offer. My room had no security lock, it had been removed. WI FI that was advertised did not work . No remotes in room for old zenith TV. Desk chair was broken. My room had the noisiest AC in North America. We had reservations for two nights but upon return to the hotel after attending a funeral, the keys would not work. They had only programmed the keys for one day..So we had to go to the desk get new keys and wait for someone to let us in and redo the door settings.First time ever having a room with no facial tissue. AC unit could not be controlled, you had HI or Low or OFF no temp settings possible. Ice Machine had been removed plus drink machine was out of order but no sign posted.. I can say ALL the staff was very friendly. I don't know how long the pool has been closed, but it looked like longer than 2 months. Don't stay at this hotel. It used to be a holiday inn years back and decent. with a restaurant etc.

Room Tip: go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2011

good price, good place quiet and clean ,we have a good weekend , staff friendly , nice people , rooms was clean , good ubication , 20 minutes to get to the beach (using car) .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank elber7111
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel every October for the past few years. Guess what? For the price I think it is an excellent deal, As far as the staff I have always found the staff to be courteous, friendly and very helpful. What annoys me when I read the bad reviews of this hotel is that if these guests wanted all the fine things in a hotel maybe they should have stayed at a more upscale hotel and PAID THE PRICE! This hotel is in a good location, the rooms are not noisy, even though they are near a highway (Someone said that. NOT TRUE! The rooms are very clean and I always enjoy my stay and I am looking forward to staying there again this Ocotber.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rn356
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for our annual vacation and due to our budget being a lot less this year we chose this hotel. We were a little worried by the review comments we had read but we are really disappointed to see that people who write theses reviews actually lie. The hotel more than met our expectations and the standard of the hotel was great. The staff were the most pleasant people we met in Florida, the managers especially Caroline Lawrence and Jessica went above and beyond assisting us with finding activities for the children, recommending restaurants and insuring that our stay was great,
the housekeepers were friendly always smiling and the housekeeping manager made sure we had everything we needed at all times. The hotel does need to be updated but you can see that they try to keep it well. We will return to Florida again, and we will stay at this hotel because of their wonderful customer service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#38 of 124 in Miami
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Rodeway Inn Miami? Share your experiences!