“Good Value ”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in North Miami
Cartagena, Spain
“Good Value ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 6 nights and was very good. Nice rooms, cleans And comfy. The hotel has banks, restaurants and petrol station close. Nice swimming pool as well. Good value for the price.
Very close to Miami beach. I do not have a doubt, I'd use it again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Mr. Antonio,

Thank you for writing such a nice review. We are extremely elated you enjoyed your room and our location as well as some of our amenities like the pool. We hope to see you again sometime soon in the area. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Best Western PLUS Windsor Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Gatineau, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hotel is located in North Miami. Location was convenient for areas we wanted to visit. The room was clean, grounds were well maintained, but there was an extremely unpleasant odour in the corridor outside our room (5th floor). We did not use any of the amenities in the hotel. Breakfast was available in the restaurant attached to the hotel. Breakfast menu was good, cost was very reasonable, service was pleasant. Parking was plentiful, Wi-Fi was quick, staff was pleasant.

I did request a wake-up call for a certain time as we had to leave early for the airport. Wake-up call came two hours later than requested time, but luckily I was already up. We left our lights on in the car and got a call from reception letting us know. This was extremely appreciated.

Except for the unfortunate odours in the corridor and although the hotel looked its age, we pretty much got what we expected from BW.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad you found our location convenient and our rooms clean.

We appreciate you bringing to our attention you have enjoyed our free parking and our Wi-Fi and it is also good to hear our staff was friendly and helpful.

I personally apologize for the inconvenience of the missed wakeup call; it seems as if I confused the time you requested for a different time. That was my mistake and I am terrible sorry.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with some friends for two nights and was impressed from the start. The rooms were excellent; comfy beds, flat screen tv, fridge/microwave, granite counters, spacious bathroom, and balcony. There is a Whole Foods market right next door which was a huge plus for me as we were able to find healthy snacks and meals easily. The price I paid for the hotel was also very affordable especially considering all the amenities we got.

The only cons I have are the lack of a wider variety of places to eat around the hotel and the weak speed of the hotel internet. There is a Denny's and Burger King accross the street which is nothing special, but there was a local pizza place called Steve's pizza which was quite nice. It is open until 3 am which is perfect for the late nights! The speed of the internet was weak, but thankfully if you have mobile internet on your cell phones, the LTE coverage was very strong so having the weak hotel internet didn't matter much.

This was a great experience especially for people who dont mind driving 10-20 minutes to visit South Beach, downtown Miami, and Little Havana, which is what we did. You also don't have to worry about much traffic in this location and parking is FREE unlike almost every hotel in downtown Miami and South Beach. We will definitely be returning to this hotel next time we are in Miami.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amar B
Dear Mr. Amar,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear you found our rooms and amenities comfortable and convenient. I am sorry to hear you missed the several restaurants located within walking distance as well as a short drive as we are surrounded by restaurants and shops. I would advise you to consult with our knowledgeable front desk staff for information about the nearby area should you choose to stay with us again.
Please accept our apologies regarding our internet connection, we did have a bit of a slow connection during the time of your stay, our internet provider has updated our internet service, making the connection faster and with a wider range.
Altogether, we thank you very much for staying with us and letting us know how we can improve for all of our guests. Hope to see you during your next stay in the South Florida area.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I spent three nights here after a cruise due to blackout dates on our flights, so we weren't looking for the beach scene (we did that previous to the cruise). We wanted something affordable, but updated, with a decent pool in an area we could walk to a few restaurants. Best Western Windsor Inn gave us exactly what we were looking for. We had an Orbitz gift card to use, so that kind of dictated our hotel reservation and didn't actually cost us any tangible dollars, so I can't speak for the rates, but we were pleased with our stay. The hotel is pretty much completely renovated with extremely comfortable beds and bedding, a really nice bathroom, tv, fridge and room decor. We arrived at the hotel around 10 a.m. and figured we would spend time by the pool until our room was ready but much to our surprise there was a room ready and the kind man at the front desk let us check in early so we could get settled. That was so nice and appreciated from us as we were ready for a nap.
We loooooved walked across the street to Whole Foods and the access we had to the microwave and fridge in our room. The pool is really nicely kept with comfortable lounge chairs and tables, chairs and umbrellas too. I really can't complain about anything! We walked to Panera a few times and had the pizza across the street which was OK, too. I would recommend this hotel for the area, price, friendly staff and modern accommodations!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley4163
Dear Mrs. Ashley,

We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your unexpected stay with us. We have recently remodeled a large part of our hotel and amenities, it is really satisfying to know you liked and enjoyed our new and improved facilities. We are also happy to hear you found our location convenient, close to an abundance of businesses. Your business is very important to us, we hope next time you find yourself around the South Florida area you consider staying with us one more time to experience once again a pleasant and happy stay.

Kindest regards

Best Western PLUS Windsor inn
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

The two items I found very concerning about this hotel is they refused to honor the AAA discount, said it was only available if you booked online? I have never heard of this policy for any AAA participating hotel and have written a complaint to AAA about this practice. The second item was the smell of marijuana was so strong in our room and the hallway when we checked in I had to stay out on the balcony until it dissipated. This happened a few times during our four day stay, I’m just thankful for the balcony and ability to get some fresh air when needed. The rooms itself was small but clean. There was no closet, just a curtain with a rod and a few hangers. The pool area looked nice but we never had time to use it. The remote didn’t work but they did bring us a new one relatively quick. The refrigerator never kept our beverages very cold so I would only put non perishable items in it. I guess you are paying the high $$$ ($200.00 per night) because this is Miami Beach however it’s North not South Miami beach and nowhere near the beach. The neighborhood is diverse and is a bit sketchy in some places with a full nudity bar right down the road a bit. We were attending a convention in South Beach and didn’t want to pay $300 and up per night for South Beach when we would not have any free time to even use the beach so we settled here. The traffic is horrible and it takes quite some time to get to South Beach from this location. On both Saturday and Sunday the main roads were shut down from 7:00 AM to noon for special events with no detours provided so that was a mess. There are not a lot of midrange options in Miami Beach either high end or low end motels so Best Western was the safest choice although I think it is very overpriced for what you get for your $$$.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LBiship
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

First let me thank you for sharing your thoughts. As per our hotel policy we do honor AAA rates for walk ins and/or online. Our front desk agent made a mistake by not offering the AAA discount at the desk to you, and for that we are truly sorry, we appreciate you bringing it to our attention so that we can rectify the issue reviewing our training policies.
To address the smell comment, we take the use of illicit substance very seriously, and we would have contacted the authorities have we either got a complaint or have our staff suspected that someone was using drugs in our property, yet neither happened, therefore we were not aware it was taking place and that it bothersome to you. Again please accept our apologies.
On the other note, we were happy to hear you found your accommodations to be clean and the pool area to be nice, with that said, we hope you will stay with us again, and maybe next time you can spend some time enjoying our facilities.

Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Best Western PLUS Windsor Inn in North Miami is excellent. I usually stay at Hiltons, but Best Western definitely has a lot to offer in areas that matter - comfort, quiet and cleanliness. The beds are extremely comfortable, housekeeping does a great job. And the front desk personnel are personable, helpful and have made me feel very comfortable about being far from home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Mr. Robert D.:

Thank you so much for your kind words . We are so glad you found our staff to be helpful, and that you were happy with your accommodations.
We look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit to South Florida.

Thanks again,

Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel in a nice part of North Miami. I was working at FIU Biscayne Bay campus and the hotel is a few minutes away. The hotel and room were serviceable with free parking and internet. The internet was spotty at times so I used my wifi hotspot on many occasions. One of the real perks is that there is a Whole Foods right across the street so easy, grab and go meals were a plus. I also could buy some items for the fridge in my room. Having a microwave was nice. The airconditioner could use a little help...it was either too hot to cold and was a bit loud. The real reason I chose this hotel is that it was a BW Plus and the rate was the best I could find in the area. The staff was friendly which made things nice. There is an on-site restaurant but I did not have an opportunity to use as I ate at Whole Foods every night. Nice big tv and comfortable chair in room. Oh, and each room has a balcony so on the night the temp was really nice, I did sit outside though if you can get a room on the pool side of the building the view is much nicer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy to hear we were able to provide you with a comfortable and affordable stay, and that you have enjoyed your balcony as well as the close proximity to the grocery store.
As far as the internet goes, please accept our apologies, we experienced an issue with our internet provider during your stay, we had it fixed once it was bought up to our attention.
Please come visit us again soon,

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Miami
BEST WESTERN On The Bay Inn & Marina
BEST WESTERN On The Bay Inn & Ma...
#1 of 1 in North Bay Village
#1 of 1 in Bay Harbor Islands
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Beach Surfside
Sun Harbour Boutique Hotel
Grand Beach Hotel Surfside

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!