Best Western Plus Windsor Inn
Rodeway Inn Miami(North Miami)
$75
$56
TRYP by Wyndham Miami Bay Harbor(Bay Harbor Islands)(Great Value!)
$135
Motel Blu(Miami)
$67
$64
  • Pool
Daddy O Hotel(Bay Harbor Islands)(Great Value!)
$113
$89
  • Room Service
The Vagabond Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
Grand Beach Hotel Bay Harbor(Bay Harbor Islands)
$135
$131
King Motel(Miami)
$99
Best Western On The Bay Inn & Marina(North Bay Village)(Great Value!)
$130
$118
  • Pool
Bal Harbour Quarzo(Bal Harbour)
$215
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
Sea View Hotel(Bal Harbour)
$190
getaroom.com
  • Pool
All reviewswhole foodsfront deskpanera breadaventura mallmiami arearoom was cleanfridge and microwaveshort drivefort lauderdalemiami beachwithin walking distancelocation is greatpleasant staycoffee makerlobby areaexcellent stayvery nice hotel
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here at the end of our 5 day cruise and we chose this hotel based mainly on price. It's half way to Fort Lauderdale Airport (give or take), which is where we were flying out of the following day. I wasn't expecting much from just an overnight hotel, so it's hard to get only a rating of 1 with already low expectations...but this one did.

I called when our ship docked to see if we could get early check in. The gentleman on the phone was very polite and said it's not likely, but we can try around 2pm instead (normal check in is 3pm). I asked instead if we can drop our bags off and have them watch them for us while we explore (since it was around 11am still) and he had no problem with that. We took a $30 cab ride and arrived around 11:30am) and he put our luggage in the office area for the next couple of hours. No issues there.
Since it was raining we decided to just see a movie at the AMC Theater. The cab was $20 to the mall/movie theater and $20 back. After the movie we returned about 3pm and the same kind gentleman told us that it would be long but he's just waiting for housekeeping to tell him which rooms are ready for check in. No problem....I'm a patient person. We were checked in around 3:30ish. That's not that big of a problem for me. I would give the hotel maybe a 3.5/4 at this point. the location is in the middle of nowhere...but maybe we would have walked more if it weren't raining. The cab was quick to get there when we called.
So...we're tired. We get into the room and start to undress and just get ready to go to sleep (I was also sick so wanted to nap in the middle of the day...and it's vacation - don't judge...lol). I'm sitting on the bed in my unmentionables ;) looking for a shuttle to reserve for the next day for the ride to the airport....and the door card reader makes a noise and a guy opens the door! Uh....not the guy I was with by the way...a complete stranger. So I called out...Hello? Keep in mind I'm not moving because I'm sitting on the bed in my underwear at this point. So the guy pokes his head back in and asks me if I just checked in or if I'm checking out today. WTF. So....what you're telling me is that I'm checked into a dirty room. Awesome. It didn't look dirty (first thing I look for). So...I'm annoyed at this point but I'm already checked in and so sick and tired that I just ignore this obvious bad bad thing from this hotel. I should be able to run around naked in my room if I want.
So...after a long nap we woke hungry and decided to get some meds from Walgreens across the street. We saw a few places to eat, Burger King, a Pizza place, Denny's...but nothing hit us. We decided instead to go to the restaurant connected to the hotel since it was the easiest and quickest (we were STARVING). So we ordered two meals from this sweet lady at the front counter for the restaurant. She didn't speak English as a primary language...but ordering wasn't really an issue. My boyfriend wasn't keen on the rice and peas that came with his meal and asked if there was anything else that he could have instead. She kind of haggled with him and said...."You don't like rice and peas? They're good. You should get them". lol. OK. My boyfriend found her really sweet and agreed to have the rice and peas instead. She asked for our room number and said she'll bring the food up to us. A WHOLE HOUR PASSED. Keep in mind we woke up starving already and it's been like 2 hours, so now we're on the verge of passing out. We called down to the front desk and they said they'll check on it. But my boyfriend was kind of pissed at this point. He already paid and already tipped too (I know...what a dummy). So he went down to the restaurant to see what the problem was. He returned within 10 minutes with hot food. He said...Oh, she's so sweet. She was looking for something else for me instead of the rice and peas. He's always been a sucker. I would have yelled at her at this point...but he smiles and tells her it's all good.
So the following day we took the super shuttle to the airport. $60 for 2 people to FLL. All in all...if you stay at this hotel, even just for 1 night...get a rental car. We paid so much because it's in the middle of nowhere on Biscayne Blvd.

All in all...pay a couple of dollars more and get a hotel with a shuttle service or a hotel that is closer to downtown Miami. This is more of a residential area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank naomi b
Reviewed April 18, 2013

It seems that the hotel was renovated recently. Our room was modern and clean. The free Wi-Fi was convenient and I enjoyed the fitness room although it is small. The staff was pleasant generally. For our purposes of needing a place to stay for a couple of days, the hotel was really ideal for our needs and very convenient to the places we needed to go in the North Miami area.
The hotel is in a bustling part of North Miami not too far from downtown, the beaches and Aventura. There is some nice shopping within walking distance.
The hotel does not offer free breakfast because its cafe is independently owned. However, I highly recommend dining there. Our breakfast was fresh, delicious and reasonably priced. The owner and her staff were lovely!
One irritation occurred in my effort to get a good rate, I called the hotel directly explaining our need for lodging while in town for a funeral and was surprised when the gentleman quoted me a rate significantly higher than the corporate website. I ended up booking the room through another channel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
B W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and
service during your recent stay at our Hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus Windsor Inn the next time you are in North Miami. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel is a good place for you if you're staying for a short period of time...let's say 3-4 to 4 days. There are plenty of restaurants near Biscayne Blvd, which is pretty close to the hotel 2-4miles. There is a Denny's restaurant just in front of the hotel, unfortunately the service is extremely slow and uncorteous in there, so we preferred to go to e next Denny's to have our breakfast, that one is about 5 miles away.

I didn't like the fact that the hotel seems to be in a not ver safe area, you can see patrols in the night, the parking lot has a security guard all night long, and you can actually see really weird people, including homeless and drug addicts.

In terms of the actual rooms, those are a little bit old, however the hotel is being re-painted right now. Isolation from the outside is good and you won't be able to hear what your neighbors are doing so that is great. As I mentioned before you will hear sirens here and there every night as well as the train horn about 10:30pm as the train passes close. If you can live with that...perfect. Rooms are clean, the mattress is not so bad but don't expect a memory foam one, pillows are terrible. They have a small fridge and a microwave, there is also a coffee maker.

There is a nice pool and a small gym. If you're planning to send some packages to be picked up at the hotel, prepare your wallet as they charge you $10 bucks for each package.

Going to Miami downtown can take you up to 30min in the rush hours. But we were ok with that as it is preferable to travel from north Miami to downtown every day...than having to wait for hours if you plan to stay in the south near Dixie Hwy, it is impossible to move your car in there.

I would recommend this hotel for couples, small families and single travelers.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wapbravo
B W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Reviewed March 29, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I will always stay at your hotels again and again. Just the name attracts my attention. I don't have a comment, I have a suggestion. My suggestion is, I think your chain of hotels should put in place a small WEIGHING MACHINE OR SCALE for a small fee, so that shopping guest like myself and others from out of the town and country can weigh our bags and luggage s, before checking out and getting to the airport to find out that they are over weight. Finding this out and having to reopen, remove and reorganize before checking in, mostly the cause for getting to our departure gate late or missing a flight. It can be a little help for your hotel and a little time consuming for happy guest of yours. Could you consider my suggestion please? Thank you kindly

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business