“Comfortable, Clean, Nice Staff, Safe”

Best Western Plus Windsor Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in North Miami
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I wanted to stay in the North Miami area to make my trip more affordable yet be in a central location between Fort Lauderdale and South Miami so I could travel to see all the different sights. I was also traveling alone so I wanted to feel safe. The people at the front desk were so friendly and helpful it was nice. My room was clean, had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker which was convenient and I liked having them if I wanted a late night snack. I used the pool area and gym and everything was always clean. I usually left in the early mornings to go sight seeing but sometimes stayed in my room while it was being cleaned. The cleaning staff were so nice to me and if I wanted for extra towels, etc they were happy to accommodate me. I had a rental car but everything you might need was within walking distance including a pharmacy, groceries, liquor, fast food, department stores, etc. I ate at the cafe located in the front of the hotel a couple of times. The woman running the cafe cooked a steak dinner one night for me. It was one if the best tasting steaks I have eaten, everything was made fresh, and I was made to feel very comfortable while dining alone. I stayed at the hotel for 10 days. I would go back there in a heartbeat. I recommend this hotel highly. DTK

• Stayed: January 2013
B W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and
service during your recent stay at our Hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus Windsor Inn the next time you are in North Miami. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The location was great, and so was the staff, they are very helpful. My room was very clean and adequate, had a fridge and microwave. I ate at the restaurant, breakfast was good and plentiful.
Overall it is a pretty nice place to stay in Miami for a decent price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
B W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I booked this hotel after looking at the photos on the website but I should have gone to Google Maps and looked at the street view of this hotel! It was in a busy area with construction, where I had thought it was "away" from most of the bustle of Miami. Besides the location, the hotel itself is much more worn than the photos depict.
They should not be allowed to say that a restaurant/diner/cocktail lounge is on site because in actuality, it is a breakfast room that is staffed with one woman who doesn't know how to make or have the ingredients for half of the menu items. I ordered rice with veggies and she said she didn't have any veggies except carrots. My husband ordered a burger and fries and she was able to come up with that. I ended up going across the street and getting a pizza. In the morning, my husband peeked in to see what the breakfast scenario was like and he said she was there again, trying to serve customers...we decided to just go to the nearby Denny's.
We were given a first floor room, RIGHT next to the elevator, which is right across from the pool. The hotel was supposedly very busy due to a convention, so the elevator and pool areas were very active. The AC was noisy and the mattress was super firm since there was no pillow top. A positive note is the big, flat screen TV! Very nice.
The ultimate issue I had with my room was the wool/polyester blanket that was on the bed. The bed was made with a top sheet, then the polyester blanket, and then a thin, decorative dressing cloth. There was another nice faux-silk type blanket folded at the bottom of the bed. The issue with the polyester blanket was that, as I was laying in bed, I noticed a long brown hair and was like; "Hmmm, I have long brown hair, but have I been in bed long enough to have a hair tangled up in the blanket?". I shrugged it off but then upon closer inspection, I noticed the blanket had lots of hair in it, different lengths and colors! I was grossed out and removed it from the bed. It may have been washed but those types of scratchy materials tend to hold onto hair and get it woven into them, regardless of washing.
Bottom line: If I was on college spring break, this room and hotel would have probably been acceptable. Since I wanted something more clean and serene, this hotel was not up to par.

Room Tip: Try not to get stuck on the first floor. We were in room 110. It was crap.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fishheath
B W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here from 16 - 18 Jan, 2013. For the most part it was alright. Rooms are on the small side but do boast a small balconey. Beds are comfortable and towels were plentiful. Bathroom was rather small with very limited counter space. We did have a fridge and microwave in our room. Pool is lovely, quite large and very clean. Small exercise area with a few cardio machines. There is a cafe on site. Food choice is limited but everything we ordered was good and served piping hot. We dealt with a few front desk clerks during our stay, the girls did not seem very friendly and were more interested in their own conversations. However, the hotel has a gem in the name of "Peter". Managers take note............Peter is your best attribute........keep him at all costs!! We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Not a tip about room choice but worth mentioning. There is a "Denny's" restaurant acr...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 28, 2013

we won this hotel on priceline, 2 rooms for one night, we called to confirm a late night arrival prior to a cruise. we confirmed we wanted double beds. also I told them that there would be 4 people in each room. upon arrival we were told the hotel was sold out and the only two rooms left were one on the first floor and one on a higher floor, but the second room has only one bed, the desk clerk appeared to be alone and said she would bring a roll away to the room.. well the room on the first floor was flooded, the bathroom was wet as the toilet tank was overflowing and water was pouring out onto the carpet of the room. the elevator would not work, the desk clerk had to run up steps and somehow send the elevator down. then the key would not open the door to the room, the desk clerk had to go get a tool and open the door, the roll away bed never showed up, one person slept in a chair and 3 in the bed. as it was after midnight and we had taxied in from fort lauderdale, our group stayed in these rooms despite the problems. we asked for free breakfast to compensate us, but were denied. I would not recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank we3k9

Dear Guest,

Priceline is a great channel for deep discounted rates, the down side is it does not allows you the flexibility to choose your room type. Also it only allows up to 2 guests per room. As you mention we were sold out, so unfortunately we could not accommodate you in 2 double bed rooms, as the rooms were already booked by regular paying guests with option of choosing their room type. On the effort to accommodate your needs we provided you with our last double room, that said, you had a handicap room with a rollaway shower (not a tub) so the water comes from the shower, not the toilet. To address the door lock issue, the agent used the same key as yours, she just moved the handle up, rather than down. We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, it is our goal to provide all of our guests with the best experience possible. Our front desk associate did everything within her power to assure you were taking care of, unfortunately we did not have any rollway beds available, as they were all being used at the time. For a more informed decision we would suggest, you to read the Priceline rules carefully, and book an extra room for the extra people in your party, should you decide to use the site again for future hotel stays. Again please accept our sincere apologies and fell free to contact me directly should you have any questions or need any assistance,

Thank You.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have family in Miami Shores, and this hotel is very convenient. The hotel is remodeled, so the electric, plumbing, beds, and wall AC/Heating units are new and work well. Lots of outlets for recharging things; wifi works well.The rooms have little balconies. The neighborhood is gentrifying (a Whole Foods will be going in next door) but, as with all of Miami, you'll want to practice good security measures. Staff was friendly and on-hand whenever I went through the lobby.

The fitness center has three decent cardio machines, and the pool is maintained for winter use.

I'm not sure how easy it is to see the hotel when approaching by car from Biscayne going northbound: you'll want to make a U-Turn at 122nd to head back south; the hotel is immediately on the right. The Biscayne Blvd. bus stops are very convenient.

The attached restaurant serves a good traditional breakfast: my omelet was piping hot.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Miami
Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura
Best Western On The Bay Inn & Marina
Best Western On The Bay Inn & Ma...
#1 of 1 in North Bay Village
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Beach Surfside
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
Sun Harbour Boutique Hotel
The Vagabond Hotel
The Vagabond Hotel
#19 of 125 in Miami

Been to Best Western Plus Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!