“Location location location”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2012

What a great place to go on a sunny day! You look out over the river and if your lucky the sailing school has boats out there to watch. The view is worth the visit however it is just the beginning. The food and service in the place is just plain great. We have been there many times and everything is done with skill and dispatch.

There are newer reviews for Three Fishermen Seafood

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently I heard that Three Fishermen opened a second location in North Fort Myers on the waterfront, so my husband and I decided to check it out last Saturday when we had a craving for seafood. I'm so glad we did! We'd been regulars of Three Fishermen (Cleveland Ave. location) for many years, but with the recent dip in the economy, we don't dine out the way we used to.

We were quickly greeted by a gentleman I believe was one of the owners. He sat us promptly and told us that it was happy hour, which meant wells, beer, and wine were half price. That's all the prompting we needed to each order a margarita! While they weren't served in the traditional margarita glass (more like a short water glass), they were incredibly tasty and were the perfect companion to the beautiful water view. (And only about $3.50 each!)

While looking over the menu, our server brought a dish of the famous (at least in my world!) Three Fishermen smoked fish dip to enjoy with the crackers on the table. I could make a meal out of the smoked fish dip alone. The first time I visited Three Fishermen, I was apprehensive about trying the dip,,,just because the thought of cream cheese and smoked fish didn't appeal to me...but I'm so glad I did. I still regularly dream of the stuff, and it was still every bit as tasty as I'd remembered.

My husband ordered his usual of the Three Fishermen's Platter, which includes lightly breaded & fried shrimp, scallops, oysters, fish fillet & deviled crab. My husband is a seafood junkie, and he said that it was some of the freshest and well-prepared seafood he'd ever had. That is saying a lot coming from him. Along with his dinner, he also had coleslaw (which he said was excellent) and a baked potato.

I grappled with my order for quite some time (couldn't decide!) before going with my old standby of snow crab legs. I ordered the pound and a half size, but I looked more like the 3 pound size when it was brought to the table. The legs were fresh, piping hot, and seasoned perfectly. Delish! I also chose the coleslaw and baked potato with my meal, but barely touched them because I was filling up on the smoked fish dip and crab legs. (My husband ate my coleslaw also!)

Several times during the meal our server checked on us, and the manager (owner?) also checked on us, despite the fact that the restaurant was full and he had plenty to do/oversee. I appreciated that. We also appreciate the fact that the prices are very reasonable for the quality and the amount of food that we received.

Pros:
-Fresh and tasty food, prepared well
-Beautiful river view
-Excellent service
-Reasonably priced
-Great margaritas!

Cons:
-The only thing close to a "con" that I can come up with is that the margarita could be served in a better looking glass.

2  Thank JudieAnne
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We dined at this location for lunch. It has a great waterfront view from most of the tables. We were seated immediately. The service was great. Our order was placed and food was served within 10 minutes of our arrival. We both ordered the the broiled stuffed flounder. The flounder was expertly prepared. The fish was very tender and well seasoned. The crab meat stuffing was very flavorful as well. The dish came with two sides. I believe there were 6 or 7 different choices of side dishes. The manager stopped at each table to insure everything was fine. We would return to this restaurant.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We dined at the Three Fisherman restaurant twice in a two week period. Both times the grouper was fresh and served in generous portions. The free smoked fish appetizer was delicious and the cheese grits are to die for. If you don't care for grits there is a choice of other sides. The setting overlooking the Caloosahatchie river is beautiful. The servers on both visits were friendly and very accomodating. Don't miss this place if you want your seafood fresh and well prepared.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Service is absolutely excellent. Free smoked fish dip appetizer before supper. We are definitely coming back!

1  Thank msfrompa