“New name - another stay”

Motel 6 North Fort Myers
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed at this location several times when it was a Motel 6. It is now a Knights Inn. The room did have a "doggie" smell when we entered. Otherwise it was clean as was the bathroom. Sleep quality was also good and the heater worked well. There are about 10 TV channels available. Breakfast consisted of do-it yourself waffles, toast, juice, & coffee. Check in was also fast. Considering the prices of other local motels, this was a good value. NOTE: The hotel is undergoing renovations. Our floor had a few sags in it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MJGoldfarb
knightsinnfortmyersf, Webmaster at Motel 6 North Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Knights Inn during your recent visit to our area.

Thank you for appreciating the positive sides of the hotel and your stay. It is always nice to hear from an esteemed guest like you.

We have taken adequate steps to ensure the very best to make your next stay at our hotel a memorable experience.

The next time you visit our area, please choose to stay at the Knights Inn and you shall be greatly pleased.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My first room smelled like pure cat urine, then i moved to a roach invested room. Rocky the manager was nice and gave me a full refund.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank BXDIVER

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Knights Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously for improvement.

We apologize for your experience howsoever it might have happened.

We have engaged a professional team to check all the amenities and to ensure the rooms are in the finest condition before a new guest is checked in.

We request you to make a note of our efforts and request you to stay with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Rather than pay the absurdly high seasonal prices for a room on Ft. Myers Beach, I found a treasure motel a half an hour away on Cleveland Ave. in North Ft. Myers. The motel is clean, away from heavy road traffic and with a restaurant next door. Very basic, a coffee maker the only amenity but with a nice front staff . As I do not plan to entertain the crowned heads of Europe, the clean and quiet room works for me. There is a decent pool for the guests.
My advice for the Ft. Myers 'beachgoers' -- leave for the beach around 7AM, you'll beat the bridge traffic and can park at the beach for $6 for the day. The $ 50 you save is better spent for a nice lunch near the beach. Try the Beached Whale!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Peter V
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Im sending phots, larger than words. But I do want to say the people that worked there were nice. It is a dump, not a safe area.

Room Tip: There is no good room here
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Roxanne H

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay and the review.

We definitely appreciate every kind of criticism and suggestions about our hotel. In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

We would like to inform that we have appropriate steps and ensured that the rooms, amenities and everything are clean, up to date and guest friendly.

We appreciate you for thanking our staff and this will definitely motivate them further.

We request and invite you once again to stay with us and see the difference.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stay at a lot of Motel 6s because I travel a lot with my sport german shepherd. I would like to give this one a better rating because the staff was very pleasant. But the place is really worn down. The lock on the door didnt really work. Had to really play with it to get it to open. Always had the willies when I took my shoes off. I would no doubt return if I had to go back to Fort Meyers because I dont like groveling when I travel with my dog. But if I didn't have that consideration, I would go somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Kerwin G

Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in our area.

We took note of your review and comments and thanks for appreciating our staff.

It is what just expected of them.

Please note that we have taken all the necessary steps to improve the look and amenities of the motel.

The next time you visit our area, please choose our hotel again and feel the change.

We are sure you shall find the difference.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

The motel itself is pretty old, so it could use a good overall renovation. The room was ok in size. The bathroom was pretty clean except for some hairs here and there, but the room could have been cleaner, although there was no odor. It smelled ok.

My biggest complaint is that the carpet LOOKED clean, but my kids feet turned black running around on it barefoot. One of the chairs was broken, but I just switched it out for another one. While the cleanliness could have been much better, my only real issues were all of the stray hairs (which are found at a lot of super value motels) and the carpet.

Other than that, I have to say that for a super value motel (I paid ($42 total, including taxes and the WiFi charge of $2.99), it wasn't that bad. I think we would stay there again as long as it was only for a night like it was last time. For a short stay it is fine, but I would probably not recommend it for extended stays.

Also, the staff was pretty friendly and the location is good for food and shopping but it's still a pretty good distance from the beaches.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily D
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The motel is actually in North Fort Myers. Check in was fast except that my on-line discount had to be adjusted (very courteous clerk!!) since it had not been given. The room was average for a Motel 6. It was clean & the bed was comfortable. TV channels were limited but the set worked. The ice machine also worked. It was too cold to use the pool. There is a Bob Evans restaurant across the parking lot from the mote (not tried). Fast food places are across the street (careful crossing it!!). There only a few places to shop. I would recommend driving about half a mile south from the motel to check the picnic area. There is a fishing dock & a nice view of the water. Across the river is Ft. Myers. Overall - a typical Motel 6 experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Fort Myers
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
Legacy Harbour Hotel & Suites
Legacy Harbour Hotel & Suites
#30 of 59 in Fort Myers
Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers

Been to Motel 6 North Fort Myers? Share your experiences!