“Our "go-to" get-away at a good value”

Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stay at this BW often as an overnight get-away. We enjoy the food and service at 3 Fishermen restaurant onsite (especially the fish tacos) and after a few drinks it is nice to have a comfortable room with no drive. On our most recent stay, the staff seemed more friendly and attentive. In the past we have received sort of luke-warm interactions, but this time all the ladies at the front desk seemed to be happy to be there. We prefer the top floors with superior river views. It is nice to sit on the balcony with coffee in the morning and watch the dolphins and manatee. The room rates during the down season in summer are a really great value.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank futureFloridan

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I was startled awake at 8am by the sounds of an industrial wood chipper that they parked about 15 feet away from my front door. I called the front desk and the only thing they said that they could do for me is to move me to another outside facing door that was farther away and that they did not have any authority to tell them to stop, only the general manager did who was not present. I told them no because I did not want to pack up all my stuff and then have to unpack my stuff again. I figured that it would be over soon anyway. But no such luck, they continued for the next 3 hours.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kenneth T
Reviewed August 14, 2014

A beautiful room, a fantastic view, a comfortable bed and great service! We had wonderful service both in the room and front desk. I really enjoyed the large soaking tub in the roomy bathroom. We needed extra amenities such as shampoo and toothpaste and shaving cream with a razor. It was absolutely no problem. My husband says we will stay there every time we go to Ft Myers or he isn't going!

2  Thank Linda W
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The rooms on the top floors give a beautiful view of the river . We saw dolphins playing in the water. We have also booked this hotel for the wedding party of my son and his fiance' that will be getting Married in Ft. Myers in February. Sandy has been very pleasant and helpful. There is a small tiki bat type restaurant an the food is good. you an even get a voucher to get breakfast at the I-hop net door.

1  Thank Gurkinator
Reviewed August 7, 2014

the pool was dirty you need to clean it more. there was water in front of the elevater. no tooth paste in bathroom. There was algae in the corner of the steps. There was dirt and algae in the bottom of the pool,also dead bugs floating around. the staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was clean ,

1  Thank Charlene T
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was our second time staying at this hotel since spring of this year. We have friends who live close by. I love the view of the Caloosahatchee River from the rooms. I wish we were on a higher floor so we could have taken better photos. The room was comfortable, especially the bed. The furnishings are a little bit outdated, but there is a great flat screen television. We had trouble with the free WiFi this time. Hopefully they get it fixed soon. We kept getting booted offline. The shower/tub was a little bit mildewy, and the room smelled a little musty. The sheets and main part of the room were clean and it is once to have a small fridge and microwave available. All in all, we like this quaint little hotel and will stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have much better views of the river. Ice and vending is only on floors 2 and 5.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Staycation4me
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We decided to take a day trip to see the Edison/Ford complex. The Best Western Ft. Meyers waterfront was well priced. The room was good with a balcony overlooking the river, not too far from the estate. The restaurant, 3 fishermen, was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area
Casa Loma Motel on the Waterfront

Been to Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront? Share your experiences!