“Extraordinary Service”

Sunny Island Adventures
Ranked #8 of 20 Tours in Captiva Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located at the South Seas Island Resort, on Captiva Island, Florida, we are your resource for all things fun! Watersports, Boat Rentals, Golf Cart Rentals, Waverunner rentals and tours, parasailing rides, banana boats rides, kayak and stand-up paddleboard rentals and more! Check us out! We're just a short drive from Fort Myers and we'd love to show you our island. We are open to the public.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 14, 2015 via mobile

Where to begin? Everyone was helpful right from the start. Eli helped administer our test that would give make us licensed to drive the jet skis we would be taking that day. He even gave us a study guide to help. All 5 of our group passed. After obtaining our licenses Dave, our guide for the day, gave us a rundown of the jet skis and further safety training. We were on our way in no time. Awesome experience and fairly easy to learn. Literally took less than a minute to get a feel for the steering. Once we we out on open water Dave was very alert to every member in our party making sure we were keeping up without issue. We spotted several dozen dolphins in two different pods during our tour. Dave was very knowledgable of the area and always seemed to have an answer for an local question we had. On our way back to the rental I was comfortable enough to open up the throttle; this was my first time on a jet ski but I had no problem as long as there were no waves and I stayed in the wake of the jet ski in front of me as our instructor told us to. Both Dave and Eli were very helpful and went above and beyond our expectations for the tour. Also, we went on Columbus Day in October so there were hardly any crowds at the rental and the waterways were fairly clear as well. I would highly recommend the jet ski (Wave Runner) tour.

1  Thank bbrriiaann
in 4 reviews
"smooth ride"
"paddle boards"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"shallow water"
"a lot of fun"
"great fun"
"jet ski"

Reviewed September 15, 2015

My wife, kids, and I go to Sanibel/Captiva every summer. This year was a disaster. The South Seas promotes a company called Sunny Island WaterSports that operates on the South Seas property. The only problem is that the people at Sunny Island WaterSports are not properly trained to operate their watercraft. My shoulder was dislocated as a result of their negligence, and the South Seas didn't care at all. They did nothing for us - not even a free night - and made clear that they did not value us in the least. Their arrogance is a complete turn-off - you are just a bunch of dollar signs to these people.

There are lots of other places to stay on Sanibel/Captiva. Please stay away from the South Seas, for your own good!

7  Thank Seth S
Reviewed July 9, 2015 via mobile

Went parasailing with the family it was fun and exciting! We had a blast definitely something to do! I would recommend the super awesome they take you higher and you get more time! And don't forget to get the dip at the end!

Reviewed April 29, 2015

Last year our family went to South Seas Island Resort. My husband and I rented one wave runner for 45min and just road back and forth and back and forth in front of the beach. Fast but boring.
This year, we had a 20% off coupon for the water activities so we sprung for the wave runner tour. Our Uncle Chuck joined us for the first tour of the day, 10:30am with Ely. Ask for Ely! He was young, hip, and very knowledgable of the islands. Considering it was just us for the tour, we were all ok going full throttle. Fast! Fun! We saw Dolphins and fishing shanties. Ely even showed us his special day off bay. Such a personalized experience. Love that. We tipped Ely afterward but wouldn't have if he hadn't gone above and beyond.
Upon check out, the office had not taken the 20% off but South Seas had no qualms fixing the error. Overall... Good group made better by one staff member making it extra special.

2  Thank KathrynD2