“Great atmosphere, decent food.”

RC Otter's Island Eats
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Conway, Arkansas
“Great atmosphere, decent food.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We escaped the sunset crowd at The Mucky Duck, and had burgers at RC Otter's. The live music was fantastic, our waiter was super friendly and helpful, and the food was very decent and appropriately priced. It hit the spot for what we were looking for.

• Visited July 2013

New Bern, North Carolina
“Friendliest bar staff ever”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our time at the RC Otters bar. Island power went out, no one had food, so we spent time with the friendly bar staff while we waited to see if it came back on. Sangria was fab...beer draft selections and bottle selections plentiful...ask for a sample draft or two!

Visited August 2013
“Friendly, relaxed place. Great food.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch at RC Otters. There was live music playing (alternating between guitar & piano) and so, despite the heat, we sat outside under fans. The place was very laid back and the service was friendly - our waiter was attentive but not overly so and took time to find out where we were from and tell us about the food.

The food was fantastic - I had the turkey club croissant and my wife had tuna steak salad ("the best tuna steak ever"). The kids ate off the kids menu, which was very reasonable. The desserts were generous and very tasty.

All in all, our favourite place on Captiva (better than the Bubble Room or Mucky Duck!).

Visited August 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Truly an island experience”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family goes to Captiva for a week every July. We eat breakfast their EVERY day of our trip EVERY year. Angie and Tom (the regular morning crew) are the best! Food is always hot and tasty. They are always friendly. We have also eaten their for dinner and have been very satisfied. We usually sit outside regardless of the time of day. Please note- this is an island so you can have mosquitos inside the restaurant and at the outside seating. A quick swipe with an Off wipe on your legs will keep them away. RC Otters is an island experience- you are on vacation so nothing is rushed. Our food always comes out in an acceptable time frame and the bill is not rushed to your table. Enjoy the experience people! For people who have traveled to other islands, you can expect the same type of atmosphere. To some of those who have criticized the food- I would say to remember this is not a gourmet fine dining establishment. It is an Island Eats restaurant. The menu is extensive especially for it's size. The prices are very comparable with "touristy" areas in Florida. As a native Floridian, they are more than reasonable and the portions are more than sufficient. If you don't want chips order a side of fries. The menu clearly states what is included with each selection. I would say to those who think the wait staff was not friendly- try being friendly yourself. RC Otter's is and has been our favorite place for Island Eats!

• Visited July 2013
Port Orange, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun atmosphere”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We enjoyed our last evening on the island there. It was relaxed and fun. Unfortunately, I had a terrible reaction to the seared blackened tuna salad that I ate. I originally I thought that it was an allergy, but as I read more about my symptoms, I realized that I had experienced food poisoning. My husband didn't have any problems with his corned beef reuben sandwich.

Visited July 2013